Essentially, I've been experimenting more with my writing, and lately I've been really wanting to try incorporating guitar parts an octave down. That and octave pedals have always seemed a very fun and interesting effect to me, and fun is the main reason we play, right?

Anyway, I'm looking for an octave pedal that takes the signal and puts it an octave down, with the ability to remove the original note an just have the octave down if so desired, but to also be a doubler. Preferably no more than $130.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Essentially, I've been experimenting more with my writing, and lately I've been really wanting to try incorporating guitar parts an octave down. That and octave pedals have always seemed a very fun and interesting effect to me, and fun is the main reason we play, right?

Anyway, I'm looking for an octave pedal that takes the signal and puts it an octave down, with the ability to remove the original note an just have the octave down if so desired, but to also be a doubler. Preferably no more than $130.

Do you need it to be able to play chords? if so for that price you could try to find a used micro POG, this would be the only option for 130$. Otherwise, there's the EHX Octave multiplexer, Boss oc 2, Boss oc 3, boss PS 2,3,5, Boss HR 2, modtone deep dive
Quote by nightraven
ehx micro pog

it's sorta out of your budget but it tracks the best. you can't trick the pog

Aye, I'd absolutely love a POG, but I'm saving for a new computer as this one sounds like it's on the verge of dying, so I can't spend too much.

Quote by Sguit
Do you need it to be able to play chords? if so for that price you could try to find a used micro POG, this would be the only option for 130$. Otherwise, there's the EHX Octave multiplexer, Boss oc 2, Boss oc 3, boss PS 2,3,5, Boss HR 2, modtone deep dive

Hmm...well, I love EHX's stuff in most cases, can the multiplexer have the original note turned off? And chords would be preferable, but I'd likely only use it as a soloing tool and maybe to fill the room if my band's bassist gets sick and can't make a gig or something.

Quote by The_Bosstone
My Boss OC-2 for $60?

I'd consider it, but after what happened to a Boss CE-3 I used to own I have an instinctive dislike of non-vintage used pedals, even if my TS9DX was used.

Quote by nightraven
ehx micro pog

it's sorta out of your budget but it tracks the best. you can't trick the pog

I second this. Wonderful pedal.
EDIT: The Micro POG is NOT the full on POG. It is a smaller, cheaper version.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I second this. Wonderful pedal.
EDIT: The Micro POG is NOT the full on POG. It is a smaller, cheaper version.

I realize both parts of this; I've played both the Micro POG and the regular POG, I dearly love both, and I can see why so many people do as well, but I can't afford either at the moment.

Quote by nightraven
if you do chords more i highly recommend a pog even more. all the others will be mushy and occasionally glitchy with certain chords

Hmm...I suppose I'll see what I can find in the way of used POG's and Micro POG's then.

The EHX is a pretty good octaver. Only problem I have with mine is it's not true bypass so I get a bit of tone colouring, but I have an old one I've not heard any complaints about the newer ones and if you turn the blend knob all the way to the left you get just the octaved note.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
The EHX is a pretty good octaver. Only problem I have with mine is it's not true bypass so I get a bit of tone colouring, but I have an old one I've not heard any complaints about the newer ones and if you turn the blend knob all the way to the left you get just the octaved note.

Hmm...how much is it again?

Uhh I dunno new, I got mine for £30 used.

EDIT: $75 new
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Sep 6, 2009,
FoxRox Octron. It's $199 but the best Octave pedal I've ever used. The tracking is incredible.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by SimplyBen
I'm on about the Octave Multiplexer

I think thats what TS meant anyways.

Aye, that is.

Quote by The_Bosstone
$200, but I bet you could find it less used.

The OC-2 is vintage though

Hmm...now I'm interested. How old is it, and what makes it different from modern production models?

Quote by mmolteratx
FoxRox Octron. It's $199 but the best Octave pedal I've ever used. The tracking is incredible.

Hmm...never heard of it before, can I get a link?

Quote by necrosis1193
Hmm...now I'm interested. How old is it, and what makes it different from modern production models?
Mid 80's-ish. Difference between it and the OC-2 is it 1) sounds better to me, and 2) doesn't have built in fuzz. It gets "glitchy" where it switches between octaves at certain settings, but for the most part its really nice and works fine. Just has a knob missing...
Quote by mmolteratx
Here's the FoxRox web page: http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/

AnalogMan sells it as well.

Hmm...I'm liking it, but I'm not really sure I can bring myself to fork out $200 for it when I can get something from the store I work at for an employee discount.

Quote by The_Bosstone
Mid 80's-ish. Difference between it and the OC-2 is it 1) sounds better to me, and 2) doesn't have built in fuzz. It gets "glitchy" where it switches between octaves at certain settings, but for the most part its really nice and works fine. Just has a knob missing...

Hmm...could you post a demo?

Quote by The_Bosstone
Just uploaded 2 to my profile

Hmm...a bit digital-sounding, but overall for the price it seems like a pretty good deal. Will be heading over to GC to try the Octave Multiplexer since it's analogue, but keep the deal open for me.