I've got a PRS custom 24, and i've read what each selection on the roatary switch is, but I still don't understand which selection is using which pickups. I only know for sure which ones are playing the bridge and neck pickup alone. But as for the other 3, it simply says things like "Parallel single coils" on the prs website. which is so incredibly -not- helpful. So if someone could tell me specifically whats what on the rotary i would really appreciate it
to be honest i have no idea, but if ur wondering simply which pickups are being selected, just get something metal and tap the pickups with the amp on. then read up on what that function does and ull know exactly which pickups are doing what on whichever position.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Bridge.
Bridge single and Neck single in parallel (like a strat-ish sound)
Bridge and Neck
Bridge Single and Neck Single in Series (Its like a middle humbucker)
Neck.

I think thats it.. if I'm wrong feel free to correct me
i would say that spending a couple thousand dollars on a guitar which you can't figure out the positioning for a five way rotary on hum-buckers makes you retarded. you should give it up and give the guitar to me.

If you don't like that...

first should be neck, all neck, one coil bridge, both, opposite, bridge only.
Quote by Grimpenguin
Bridge.
Bridge single and Neck single in parallel (like a strat-ish sound)
Bridge and Neck
Bridge Single and Neck Single in Series (Its like a middle humbucker)
Neck.

I think thats it.. if I'm wrong feel free to correct me

It's either this or:
Bridge.
Bridge single Parallel
Bridge and Neck
Neck Single Parallel
Neck.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
just get something metal and tap the pickups with the amp on. then read up on what that function does and ull know exactly which pickups are doing what on whichever position.

Dude! I forgot about that! My dad does that constantly when he's checking the pickups on a guitar he's selling! Man I should have thought of that! thanks so much
The 5 way doesn't let you use both bridge and neck together as far as i know. They use the inside 2 coils of both buckers and wire them in series so it sounds like one big humbucker in the middle. The only one I'm unsure about is position 4 (in between middle and neck)

EDIT: If you want to be able to use both bridge and neck humbuckers together you have to buy a 3way with a coil split config on the guitar. That way you get:

Bridge
Bridge+Neck
Neck

tapped:
Bridge single
Bridge + Neck single in parallel
Neck Single
Last edited by Grimpenguin at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by treeman151
Dude! I forgot about that! My dad does that constantly when he's checking the pickups on a guitar he's selling! Man I should have thought of that! thanks so much

haha np. thats how i test it when i install new switches.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC