Hello to all! Here is the situation:

Im planing to record a song with my computer's mic and put the guitar track over a backing track. But I need a program that plays me the song and records at the same time, I hope you know what I mean, and if I make a mistake I want the program to play what I have recorded with the backing track and when it comes to the point where I stopped recording, the program starts automatically recording so I can keep just recording from the point I stopped. Sorry for my English.
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
audacity would work a treat, tho your guitar is gonna sound wank through your computers mic.
Yeah, audacity would work fine.....get a look at adobe audition as well.....why dont ya just use your pc's line in??????
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Quote by kennethdave
Yeah, audacity would work fine.....get a look at adobe audition as well.....why dont ya just use your pc's line in??????

I'm interested in his question too. But how do you get a backing track onto Audacity?
if you're using a Windows based system, you are going to be very disappointed trying to play along with a backing track, using your computers mic or line in. There will be a very noticeable latency, making it near impossible to record on the beat.
Quote by The Chimney Man
I'm interested in his question too. But how do you get a backing track onto Audacity?

Getting the backing track into audacity is simple....go to project, then click import audio....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"