So as I've posted in the HT-5 Owners Thread, I'm going to replace the short cable on the HT-5 footswitch with a jack that I can plug a longer cable into (link - scroll down to just after the pictures of the soundwaves).

What I'm wondering is, would it be possible to add an on/off LED to the footswitch too?

For the LED's power, a 9v battery would fit inside the enclosure and should last aaages as it'd only be powering a single LED.

As far as I know, it's a momentary footswitch, which ch0 thinks I could wire up with a relay to do what I want, but I'm not really up on electronics (I'm fine with solering though), so is there any chance someone could tell me what I need from here and maybe even draw up a quick wiring diagram?

That's if it's even possible to do this...
Quote by Dingleberry88
What I'm wondering is, would it be possible to add an on/off LED to the footswitch too?

For the LED's power, a 9v battery would fit inside the enclosure and should last aaages as it'd only be powering a single LED.

As far as I know, it's a momentary footswitch,
Nope. Not compatible.

And LEDs take a substantial amount of current to run. Lifetime would be resonable, but not "ages".
Quote by Dingleberry88
which ch0 thinks I could wire up with a relay to do what I want,
You'll need a set/reset latch and a relay.
AND when (not if, I said when) the LED status gets "out of sync" with the status of the amp, it will lie to you. And be a nuisance to put "back in sync".
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.