I'm looking around for some good over the head headphones. My budget is around 100$ or so. any suggestions?
im stupid. blahbalhblahblah
What are you looking for? Studio head phones? Monitoring headphones? Headphones for just listening to music?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.

I got this guy in Japan for about 30 american dollars. Very good quality considering the price, I'm pretty sure you can find 'em online somewhere.
Nixon Master Blaster, but they are like $200.

Don't get skullcandy. THey break and every kid on the block has a pair.

Or shure, sennheiser earbuds, you can get for around $100.
Don't get skullcandy: overpriced and low-quality craftsmanship, very flimsy

get some Sony MDR-v500

$70 approximately

the best quality in that price range
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by itchy guitar
What are you looking for? Studio head phones? Monitoring headphones? Headphones for just listening to music?

Just listening to music. preferably noise cancelling or something that just blocks out loud public areas so i can just chill out do work or something
Quote by piratemetalhead

I got this guy in Japan for about 30 american dollars. Very good quality considering the price, I'm pretty sure you can find 'em online somewhere.

i have an older model of those got it for 40 bucks when i went to Japan. Pretty damn good.
For noise canceling, you won't do better than the Sennheiser HD280. It goes for $100 new, though I've seen it cheaper on Amazon. I own a pair, and take my word for it, the isolation is fantastic. The guys at Head-Fi tend to agree. They dispute over its sound quality, but I've never had a problem, and I seriously doubt that you will. Quite the reverse - I find its balance of highs and lows refreshing.

General rule of thumb: Avoid Skullcandy and Bose. Both are widely regarded as overpriced rip-off brands among audiophiles.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
i always hear about these breakingthough. alot of the reviews said they have problems with it cracking and stuff
SENNHEISER HD280 +1

they are really great headphones for a relatively low cost. the noise cancellation is astounding, meaning that you can play your music at a lower volume. win all around
OoOoOoOoOo--oOoOoOoOoO
Its pointless to keep starting these headphone threads when there are countless amounts of them already. It always turns in to a "is skullcandy awesome" thread.

I have a $20 pair that I love btw. But I'm sure there are better options if you can afford them.
Try audio technica ATH-ES7(closed), Sony MDR-V6 or the MDR-7506 (closed)(same headphone, different model number), Denon AH-D1001(closed), audio technica ATH-M50 (used)(closed), Grado SR60i or upgrade to the SR80i (both open), Sennheiser px100 (open) (step down from most of these), Sennheiser HD280 pro (closed), Sennheiser HD25-1 (closed)(used).

You didn't specify exactly what you need out of the cans so I listen both open and closed cans. Closed cans offer sound isolation whereas open cans are basically tubes with speakers in them, sound goes in the ear as well as into everyone else's ears too.

The PX100 is a significant step down from those headphones (but also significantly cheaper). The M50 and the HD25-1 are both considered a step above the other cans listed. Both of these cans will have to be bought used if you want to find them under 100 bucks.

I personally recommend looking at the grado sr60i, Audio technica ath-es7, Sennheiser HD280 pro, and the Denon AH-D1001.