Whenever I am playing, part of my finger will always rub up against the string. I don't know if this is normal or if I am holding the pick wrong. There is now a huge ass bump on my finger and want to know if I am doing something wrong.
that doesn't seem normal. try holding it so its like an extension of your index finger roughly perpendicular to your thumb
Quote by Jay3000
that doesn't seem normal. try holding it so its like an extension of your index finger roughly perpendicular to your thumb

Can you post a pic or vid that shows what you mean?
Quote by NandoAlves
A quick Google search and here it is:

Hope this is what you needed.

That is exactly how I hold my pick but my thumb is not as high up.
curl your first finger and hold the pick between your thumb and first finger, thats how i hold my pick.

is your pick is sliding out of your grip? i know that happens to me alot.

Edit: like those pics are showing ^^^
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Sep 6, 2009,
My first finger is hitting the string and I choke up on the pick more than the dude in the picture but my fingers are in the same position.
I squeeze the pick between me thumb and index finger. Hold a quarter by its thin side and thats how I hold my pick. My thumb bruises alot though
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
just hit the string with the tip of the pic? I honestly don't know why its hitting if your doing it the same as that picture
The only difference between me and the pic is that I choke up on the pick way more. Maybe it could be my technique?
Quote by DudE132
The only difference between me and the pic is that I choke up on the pick way more. Maybe it could be my technique?

just move the pick down more.