Hey , this is my first original song posted up here so be kind!

I'm basically looking for criticism of everything, Songwriting skills, my voice, guitar playing.
Obviously keep it constructive please! stuff like 'you suck' may be correct, but it doesn't really give me any ideas of how to improve

I know for sure there is at least 1 mistake, a massive twang at 4:21, so sorry about that

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/glosoli/music/original/
That was really good. You have a good voice, but i couldn't understand all of the words. That could just be me though, and maybe if i listened a few more times i could. I liked the light tapping in the background through most of it. Nothing really to complain about with the guitars, other than the mistake you pointed out. Overall, very nice!
Quote by BoxCarMothra
That was really good. You have a good voice, but i couldn't understand all of the words. That could just be me though, and maybe if i listened a few more times i could. I liked the light tapping in the background through most of it. Nothing really to complain about with the guitars, other than the mistake you pointed out. Overall, very nice!

Thanks alot

I'm gonna try and work on my enunciation I think, although I think a certain amount of it could be because I recorded this through garageband which for some reason makes really quiet recordings and forgot to turn the master volume up before converting the file to mp3 for uploading. But yeah I'm gonna work on enunciating more clearly for sure.

The 'light-tapping' you mentioned is something I often do when strumming to create a little more percussive sound I wasn't sure if it worked really with this one but yeah if you liked it then I guess it must
Quote by glosoli
Thanks alot

I'm gonna try and work on my enunciation I think, although I think a certain amount of it could be because I recorded this through garageband which for some reason makes really quiet recordings and forgot to turn the master volume up before converting the file to mp3 for uploading. But yeah I'm gonna work on enunciating more clearly for sure.

The 'light-tapping' you mentioned is something I often do when strumming to create a little more percussive sound I wasn't sure if it worked really with this one but yeah if you liked it then I guess it must

No problem.

That would probably help a lot.

Yeah, i do something like that, too. I like the way it sounds.