Hey, I just got to college and the last time I smoked weed was on the 14th of August. I just smoked today though and was wondering how long it takes to get it out of your system.. I have a meeting with the recruiter during the last week of September and I'm not sure if he's gonna drug test me. For anyone who is in the Marines.. when you met with the recruiter do you get a drug test or is it not until you actually join?
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
30 Days.

And I'm not sure on the drug test, sorry.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Instant Detox?
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall
im in the army and my recruiter only drug tested me before i left for MEPS.
im sure the marine corps is the same so you'll probably be alright

You should get a Whizzinator, to be safe
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
they test you before you go to MEPS, then again at MEPS not at an initial meeting
AMD Athlon x2 5200+ (Windsor) @ 3.2Ghz--4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800 @ 910Mhz--Biostar Tforce 550--450W Rosewill Stallion PSU--250GB Seagate Barracuda--Samsung Writemaster CD/DVD R/RW--XFX Geforce 7950GT core clock 600Mhz, memory clock 760Mhz
btw if you take a drug test for the army and fail, they don't just kick you out--they arrest you.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Quote by Inertiaaa
btw if you take a drug test for the army and fail, they don't just kick you out--they arrest you.

thats why im glad i havent smoked in over 2 years
Quote by Fender_Strat_50
Hey, I just got to college and the last time I smoked weed was on the 14th of August. I just smoked today though and was wondering how long it takes to get it out of your system.. I have a meeting with the recruiter during the last week of September and I'm not sure if he's gonna drug test me. For anyone who is in the Marines.. when you met with the recruiter do you get a drug test or is it not until you actually join?

eh you are gonna be cannon fodder...even if you were a heroin addict gay pedophile serial killer you would get in
Quote by Reveluzionairo
eh you are gonna be cannon fodder...even if you were a heroin addict gay pedophile serial killer you would get in

Um, dont think that this is too accurate
you should be alright...

Just make sure that you drink lots of water, exercise, and eat correctly. All of these will contribute to evacuating your system of any unnecessary toxins (ie THC). Oh, and don't smoke anymore.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Fender_Strat_50

They do drug test you before you go to MEPs (military entrance processing) and at MEPS, which is a much better test. They won't test you though till you go to DEP(Delayed Entry Program) in. Which will most likely be a while due to school the research of joining and talking it over. There are some recruiters that will use that test to see if you will pass and if you fail they make you wait longer till you pass. But the more honest ones will fill out a waiver. Also it is urinalysis so consume lots of niacin. You better cut that **** out when you get in my corps.
Quote by Inertiaaa

More often than not you will just get an Other than Honorable discharge. If you present your case good enough you can get a general discharge or even stay in. But it is all up to your chain of command. If you do something stupid while on drugs then you get the Court Martial and the Bad Conduct Discharge of Dishonorable Discharge with brig time
I am justice!
Last edited by Themies at Sep 6, 2009,
How much weed have you smoked previously? You dont want slow reactions when some taliban dude has an ak47 aimed at your skull.
it takes like 30 days for it to leave the system, so you'll be fine. just start carrying a water bottle around and keep your fluids up just to be safe.
Quote by Themies
They do drug test you before you go to MEPs (military entrance processing) and at MEPS, which is a much better test. They won't test you though till you go to DEP(Delayed Entry Program) in. Which will most likely be a while due to school the research of joining and talking it over. There are some recruiters that will use that test to see if you will pass and if you fail they make you wait longer till you pass. But the more honest ones will fill out a waiver. Also it is urinalysis so consume lots of niacin. You better cut that **** out when you get in my corps.

More often than not you will just get an Other than Honorable discharge. If you present your case good enough you can get a general discharge or even stay in. But it is all up to your chain of command. If you do something stupid while on drugs then you get the Court Martial and the Bad Conduct Discharge of Dishonorable Discharge with brig time

Uh oh, JAG officer
Dude, your in the clear. Haha My buddy did a bunch of crap, and then went for reserves (not sure how long later). If your really worried, what he did was just sit around the house chugging like bottles of cranberry juice, and wearing a whole bunch of sweaters to sweat, and peeing a whole bunch. hahaha he passed, and it wasnt just weed he had in him
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Dreadnought
Pfft, are you an officer?

No I am in a enlisted commissioning program. But I am going through school to finish my degree. Then OCS then Basic Platoon Leaders course. So my correct title should be to be JAG
I am justice!
Last edited by Themies at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by Themies
No I am in a enlisted commissioning program. But I am going through school to finish my degree. Then OCS then Basic Platoon Leaders course. So my correct title should be to be JAG

So bah, you're nothing.

No threats from you
Well I work with a Colonel everyday so I still hold some political pull if you need a jag
I am justice!
It's okay, I appreciate it, but I am a different branch than you and I tend to stay away from trouble
Oh you didn't know JAG are very interchangeable hell our JAGs on this base are all Chair Force.
I am justice!
Nah I guess I don't know too much about JAG... they don't really have an effect on my unit, since we have summary release standards and handle ourselves
lol
Yeah they are pretty much to themself. All they pretty much are is advisers to ROE, legality, and most famous for court marshals. Sometimes they do the contracts such as wills but more often than not they contract them to civilians. For the most part enlisted doesn't usually get involved.
I am justice!
Quote by Fender_Strat_50

This makes me feel so much better about the enlisted ranks.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by Xeron Brigs
This makes me feel so much better about the enlisted ranks.

I don't see why..

He's in college...

Isn't enlisted...

Is not in the military....

Quote by Dreadnought
I don't see why..

He's in college...

Isn't enlisted...

Is not in the military....

Sure, but you have a guy wanting to join the armed forces who has obviously taken illegal substances and is probably going to cover up his use of it. Chances are he will get in.

That's all well and good, except for the fact that it violates DOD policy.
They don't arrest you for failing a drug test they just don't let you in. A friend of mine had it happen to him.
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
I commend your courage to fight for your country.

But just remember, in this case, there's no honor in dying for lies
have fun getting shot at too
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
Quote by Themies
Chair Force.

It's true...

Also, the MEPS test is pretty thorough, so I'd say wait 45 days to be on the safe side.

EDIT:

Have some respect for the man's decision. It takes a lot more balls to join the military, especially as a Marine, than it does to sit behind a computer and feel superior because no one can punch you in the face.
Last edited by madbasslover at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by madbasslover

Have some respect for the man's decision. It takes a lot more balls to join the military, especially as a Marine, than it does to sit behind a computer and feel superior because no one can punch you in the face.

Thank you! If you want to protest war, that's fine, just don't attack the members of the armed forces. They don’t make the decision to start wars.
it depends on how fat you are...THC store in fatty tissues of the body...seeing as you're going to the marines, i imagine you'll be good
Quote by Xeron Brigs
Sure, but you have a guy wanting to join the armed forces who has obviously taken illegal substances and is probably going to cover up his use of it. Chances are he will get in.

That's all well and good, except for the fact that it violates DOD policy.

Everyone is under the assumption that everyone has done pot. While being illegal to use it does not disqualify you to join. While if it uses it after he leaves to basic then is when all the trouble happens. But someone who smokes in DEP can still join if during an interview at boot camp you say you smoke. You can fail but they still keep you there.

Quote by brandendude

lol obvious troll is obvious.
I am justice!
Quote by Dreadnought
you should be alright...

Just make sure that you drink lots of water, exercise, and eat correctly. All of these will contribute to evacuating your system of any unnecessary toxins (ie THC). Oh, and don't smoke anymore.

Yeah, he's right.

Just be sensible and you'll be fine.
a little lost.....