I'm looking into a new electric guitar. I really like the Wizard II necks, but also like the B.C. Rich style bodies. How difficult/dangerous to the guitar is it to shave down the body to make it fit? And HOW do I do that?
make sure you buy 2 models with the exact same scale length.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
well, ibanez have differant shape necks, i think for what its worth, it aint worth it.

other than that, you would have to change the bridge (posibly) and such..

to much work for not enouf reward.
other than that have you played any bc rich's? or just like looking at them? IMO my bronze has a much better neck than the wizard 2, thin necks are bad for your hands... lol.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
So far, just about everything in this thread is wrong.

Can you switch them? Possibly. It depends on the neck cavity - how they're sized and shaped. If they're identical (which I HIGHLY doubt), it'll be a very easy swap. Otherwise, nope.

In response to the_humanity, scale length won't matter. At the very least, you might need to intonate it, but the scale length isn't going to change anything.
Metal-Matt; Changing the bridge is COMPLETELY unnecessary. They're largely independent from each other with the exception on intonation reasons.
Quote by Widow6

Can you switch them? Possibly. It depends on the neck cavity - how they're sized and shaped. If they're identical (which I HIGHLY doubt), it'll be a very easy swap. Otherwise, nope.

In response to the_humanity, scale length won't matter. At the very least, you might need to intonate it, but the scale length isn't going to change anything.
Metal-Matt; Changing the bridge is COMPLETELY unnecessary. They're largely independent from each other with the exception on intonation reasons.

SCALE LENGTH DOES MATTER!!!!! You CANNOT intonate with a screwed up scale length. Don't tell people they're wrong when you're the one that's wrong.
TS, it's probably not worth it, because you'd have to redrill the holes for bolting the neck on (so you're going to have to dowel the old holes), and you're going to have to modify the neck pocket in some way. I don't think it's worth it.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Last edited by salsawords at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by Widow6

LMAO at the extreme hippocracy. if a neck is not the same scale length its for sure not going to work, unless you move the bridge to make it the same distance from the 12th fret as the 12th fret is from the nut. if its the same scale length it MIGHT work but at the same time it depends on where the fretboard is located in comparison to the actual neck. the fretboard cant have frets 21 and 22 hanging off if the original neck had a fretboard with no frets hanging off. it would mean the nut is closer to the body than it should be and thus still wont work with the body without moving the bridge farther away from the neck.

in short, it will work if you can find a way to make the distance from nut to 12th fret = the distance from the 12th fret to the bridge
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
at widow.

it does matter.

new strings will need intonating. a new bridge too. you can't make up for 1.5 inches though. tell me how you'll do that.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Metal Matt: I just like the way B.C. Rich's look. And I think that is enough reward. lol. also, I LOVE thin necks. I just don't like the Rich's. They don't feel as smooth as the Wizard IIs.
To everyone: FYI, I'd buy them as individual pieces, not 2 guitars and then take them off.
and you will probly need to change the bridge if your getting a neck from a edge, or lo-pro ibanez, and putting it in a BC Rich, with a wraparound (ToMish?) bridge.

its posible, but the hoops that you need to jump are ridiculous
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
given the amount of work, you could probably make a new neck or body to fit what you want.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

yeah i was thinking that, get a ibanez neck, and make a new body for it... that would be just as easy as getting a bc rich body, and modding it... well i would think so.

what bc rich body are you doing btw?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Ok, so I've been reading this thread from the beginning, but don't understand.

So I guess it's a yes? But how can you tell and what work would need to be done to change the neck?
There be no shelter here.
I say you build your own body, that way you can control the quality, like instead of several pieces of crappy agathis you could get a one or two piece mahogany body. There are threads on this forum that have templates of those guitars, or if there aren't the good man metal matt could make you one I'm sure.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

this is great

if the neck pocket and scale length are the same, it should transfer right over. the chances of that are slim though.

though i think bc rick uses a strat style pocket while ibanez uses their own fancy pancy neck pocket, if i recall correctly.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson