I was just wondering how tricky this would be and what exactly i would need to do to the pickup to do it.
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
just get a cover and a soldering gun. solder the cover to the bracket. just have to do it in 1 spot on each side. look at the bottom of a covered pup to see what I mean.

it will change the tone a bit though. it'll become warmer. not as 'raunchy'.
sorry if i sound dumb. but whats the difference between a soldering iron from a soldering gun?
soldering guns are shaped like guns and are around 100w on low and 150-ish on high. used for heavy-duty soldering. it's about the only thing that will give a secure connection when soldering pup covers on. covers dissipate heat too fast for a regular iron.
Wouldn't you have to wax pot it or something?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
im pretty sure the old PAF's werent wax potted right?

do people pot them nowadays?
What kind of pickups are they humbuckers or single coil pickups? Because if they are humbuckers you can just buy a new cover for it search humbucker pickup cover on ebay.

I think it's easy to install you simply press the new covers over your existing humbucker for a super snug fit. There is NO hardware or anything else to install.
Quote by Invader Jim
just get a cover and a soldering gun. solder the cover to the bracket. just have to do it in 1 spot on each side. look at the bottom of a covered pup to see what I mean.

it will change the tone a bit though. it'll become warmer. not as 'raunchy'.

not to go off subject here, but my esp has an SD JB/'59 combo in it. if i took the pup covers off would it give a bit more "raunch"? is it something noticeable ?
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by MYLILSS
not to go off subject here, but my esp has an SD JB/'59 combo in it. if i took the pup covers off would it give a bit more "raunch"? is it something noticeable ?

yes.