I friend of mine has a buddy getting rid of some gear and he has both of these and i am thinking of buying one. I have not played either, but have played the models they are bassed off of in digitech multi efx, rp 150 and rp500. what is the difference ( other than name) and is one any better than the other. I am big into george lynch thanks.
Triple Rectifier is overkill. 150 Watts is too much for pretty much anything aside huge venues. Besides, I think the Dual Rectifier has a harsher tone with a better low end. Why not play them first?
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Play them both and take your pick, but the Triple Rec is a bit much.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Throw out what you think you know based on the RP, these things peel paint off the wall. The triple isnt overkill if you want/need headroom, you should ask your buddy for specs such as # of channels and condition. If your buddy owns both then........... you should ask him first what he thinks of them and ask to play them, then come here and ask more specific questions.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
thanks the problem is my buddy has a partner who runs a hock shop. we used to play football together and he knows i am into guitars so he lets me know when somthing that looks good might come int. ill head up and chek them both out. I have a feeling both might be too loud for what i am doing now, but if the price is right i might get one or two and sell it
Quote by occub
Throw out what you think you know based on the RP, these things peel paint off the wall. The triple isnt overkill if you want/need headroom, you should ask your buddy for specs such as # of channels and condition. If your buddy owns both then........... you should ask him first what he thinks of them and ask to play them, then come here and ask more specific questions.

Eh, I'd figure the Dual Rec has pretty damn much headroom too...
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
tone *****s tend to favor the dual rec, but you should really just try them out
Quote by occub
how much headroom do you really need? any exceptionally large gig is going to need a soundsystem and PA regardless of how large your amp is.
Quote by al112987
how much headroom do you really need? any exceptionally large gig is going to need a soundsystem and PA regardless of how large your amp is.

Then why do they sell it? If it was that stupid and NO one needed it then why sell them. I wouldnt personally need it but just making an observation.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Valid points about headroom guys, but if you have played a dual and triple beside each other, then you would know there is more than just a headroom difference.....

The triple is quite a bit more aggressive sounding and tighter than the dual.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I'm getting a single...
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
I'm getting a single...

Singles are sweet, had one and really liked it but it lacked versatility imo.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
triple is just more powerfull
but both are extremely good
i mean for almost 2000$ a head they kinda have to be
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by occub
Singles are sweet, had one and really liked it but it lacked versatility imo.

you mean the EQ wasn't sensitive enough?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
you mean the EQ wasn't sensitive enough?

No the clean was pretty bad on mine, I wont say all of them are like that but probably just the one I had.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Quote by occub
No the clean was pretty bad on mine, I wont say all of them are like that but probably just the one I had.

yeah that's strange, because I've heard the cleans on a mesa single rectifier are nicer than the cleans on an orange rocker 30.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Valid points about headroom guys, but if you have played a dual and triple beside each other, then you would know there is more than just a headroom difference.....

The triple is quite a bit more aggressive sounding and tighter than the dual.

+1, Exactly.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The number one question here is: are they two-channel or three-channel?

If three, I'd look elsewhere for br00tz, unless they're going at great prices...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??