how do you guys feel about zen or inner peace? any buddhist or toaists or hindus here? ive been into that stuff lately and would like to hear what you think about it
i dont necessarily believe in the religion part of it but i know there is a such thing as inner peace or zen.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
zen = God with out the religion
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by the_burning_one
how do you guys feel about zen or inner peace? any buddhist or toaists or hindus here? ive been into that stuff lately and would like to hear what you think about it

lawl toast.

but yeah i follow taoism...sorta. more like a passing acquaintance.
I'm not the 'calm down/meditate' type.

Just listen to music really loud to the point where you can't hear yourself think.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I've really wanted to start studying Buddhism over about the past year, but with classes going on I just have no time to devote to it.

I also remember Oliver Stone recently saying on Bill Maher that he is a practicing Buddhist, and that really intrigued me.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
I've been interested in the subject, but more so towards meditation. I wish i could get the hang of it somehow,
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
yeah i agree wit most of you guys. i dont really follow the religion, because i beleive religion is a cage. but i beleive in inner peace. and SOUL MONGER. grow up
Quote by Soul-Monger
Hail Satan!

I recognize your hails.

A few more and I will be able to form my army of demons and the undead and ride against the gates of heaven and rule above as well as below.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Soul-Monger
Hail Satan!

*Looks at sig*

That makes sense.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by the_burning_one
yeah i agree wit most of you guys. i dont really follow the religion, because i beleive religion is a cage. but i beleive in inner peace. and SOUL MONGER. grow up

My plans have been thwarted, guys, no matter how much positive reinforcement you give me.

Quote by neidnarb11890
I bet zen is close to what listening to the solo in "Marquee Moon" feels like. ^____^

no way. it's all about Jack Johnson

/nohomo
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
Quote by neidnarb11890
I bet zen is close to what listening to the solo in "Marquee Moon" feels like. ^____^

+1

wait...wai-wait...wait....there we go. Zen.
Quote by the_burning_one

this is how i am.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Sometimes life feels like Nirvana because of Zen.

I like Zen, Zen is good. It's all about maintaining and being.

Going back to my roots here, I haven't openly spoke about stuff like this since I was 16, 17, something like that.

But... Just be.

Like, have compassion, and empathy, and remember that desire leads to suffering... Although, for the past 10 years or so, Desire has gotten me many material things, experiences and stuff... It's driven me to acquire certain stuff for my Zen.

In short, I'm a wreck, if my internet goes, for example, I won't be in paradise anymore.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Dec 4, 2012,
I'm pretty sure necromancy goes against inner peace, terborillusion.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
To achieve true enlightenment, you must channel the inner llama!!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
To achieve true enlightenment, you must channel the inner llama!!

I feel its power!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm not a buddhist, or particularly into zen, but I can sure relate to the state of mind, once in a blue moon when I'm performing I just space out and do great.