hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong place, but i got kind of a weird instrument situation, i got this instrument from an island called fiji

well this instrument is a two stringed instument thats sort of looks like typewritter

its called a madline(it sounds sorta sounds/looks like that weird instrument incubus uses in the song anna molly), sort of like a marxophone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p93XOlLoFws(in the begining of the song around :14)

well im wondering how should i tune the two strings so they'd "fit in" with basses/guitar's and what not

thank you haha
Last edited by slumdog at Sep 7, 2009,
you went to fiji!? damn lucky you. I wont answer your question because of that.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
"an island called Fiji"
You make it sound so foreign. Like no-one knows about it.. an unexplored land.. far far away..
For me it's just a couple of hours flight away.

I tried googling... Do you know if it has any other name?

here are some other asian 2 stringed instruments that have a lot more information about them. I'd say experiment with their tunings until you find out about your instrument.

Erhu
Jing-Hu
Morin Khur (Ma-Tou-Qin)
Last edited by mdwallin at Sep 7, 2009,
Describe your instrument better? Can you stop the strings to change their pitch? If so, is it fretted? If so is it diatonic or chromatic?
Well I know for a fact that the Marxophone is tuned to a diatonic major scale.. You should post some pictures up. I want one of these things!
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
Quote by mdwallin
"an island called Fiji"
You make it sound so foreign. Like no-one knows about it.. an unexplored land.. far far away..
For me it's just a couple of hours flight away.

Well, i didnt know about it. And congratulations with living close to fiji, i live a hour away from an island called Great Britain. Am i cool now?
1. haha sorry i didnt mean to make it seem like nobody knows about it, most people i talk to in american have no idea what a fiji is haha

2. and you can alter the pitches by pressing on the the typewritter like buttons

and i cant seento google it, and find a result

ill post a few pics to show you guys later on today, haha, i just woke up

thanks!