OK,so i can do pinch harmonic's pretty well, but i can't seem to get that zakk wylde sound out of it..does anyone know if there is anything special he does with it? or is it just the equipment he uses? or what

Thanks!
You need a Marshall MG.

It's crushing overdrive is Zakk's signature sound. Chorus works too.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Also vibrato the **** out of it and add wah
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
As far a I know he doesn't do anything particularly special with them.

I'm not too sure what exactly about the sound you're looking for, but he does use alot of wide vibrato- I think this is key to getting his whole guitar sound.
High action guitar is one thing that helps. And the p.h. I believe he picks the string and then hits the middle of the string with his knuckle. That's how I do em when I'm playing any BLS song. Or when I do anything on the 3rd fret of the 6th string with a pinch.
Quote by zakky_s
Also vibrato the **** out of it and add wah

This.

When most people do vibrato, the bend the string about 1/4 or 1/2 step. Zakk does a whole step or a whole and a half.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.