Any other snowboarders here in the Pit?

Well, I live in California and we'll get snow around November-ish. Im already starting to get the snowboarding fever.

I've been on about 10 or so snowboarding trips and I used my friends board everytime, but I have now grown out of it. I am 5"6 and weigh 150. Any board suggestions? And about how long should my board be?

Other than that, feel free to dicuss anything about snowboarding.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
snowboarding is not worth the hassle.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Been once for a week. Was really hard to get into but after the first few days it was pretty easy, and I had an amazing time. I'd love to try it again.
RULE BRITANNIA
I'd love to know, is snowboarding like riding a skateboard (well, a long board really) down a hill? I really want to try it, and would like some input about what it's like to do.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by splamron
I'd love to know, is snowboarding like riding a skateboard (well, a long board really) down a hill? I really want to try it, and would like some input about what it's like to do.

Its hard to explain. However, its more like riding a longboard.

My first time it look me about an hour to actually go down a run without falling, but go for it. Once you snowboard it'll be stuck with you forever.

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by xBrando
Its hard to explain. However, its more like riding a longboard.

My first time it look me about an hour to actually go down a run without falling, but go for it. Once you snowboard it'll be stuck with you forever.

I'm really itching to learn how to, I ride longboards and surfboards too, and this kinda seems like another board thing haha.

Can't wait for a holiday to the snow
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
It's sort of like skateboarding but far more fun. That being said skiing is far, far better. Snowboarding is so much of a hassle with regards to undoing bindings to go on lifts, doing them back up at the top, having to take off your board and walk if you hit a flat patch etc.
snowboarding is the ****ing bomb. went to the snow for a week, snowboarding every day, possibly the best week of my life.
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
I can snowboard, but I'm pretty much crap at it. It's not really anything more than a winter short-lived annual hobby for me though, so I'm fine with it.
The playground of the world
Quote by blynd_snyper
It's sort of like skateboarding but far more fun. That being said skiing is far, far better. Snowboarding is so much of a hassle with regards to undoing bindings to go on lifts, doing them back up at the top, having to take off your board and walk if you hit a flat patch etc.

Ever heard of Flow bindings? The first time i went i had regular style bindings but the second time i had Flow and they make things a lot easier.

Also you don't necessarily have to take it off for a flat spot, you can take out one foot and push it like a skateboard though i gotta say it's a pain in the ass to do.
Quote by blynd_snyper

Yea, I hate hitting flat areas. I look like a retard trying to push my way down to the lift

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by blynd_snyper

Flow bindings ftw.

I'm so psyched for November! Two months!
My local mountain's got a rail jam scheduled for early October, but they're probably making snow in a freezer or something.

As to whether it's like skateboarding; It's similar, except in turning (and flip tricks obviously). It takes a while to get used to the turns, but the longer learning time compared to skis pays off in the long run with more fun.
Man i cant wait to go snowboarding, its just starting to get cold around here and im psyched. Football's gonna suck if it snows but itll be worth it lol
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
as people have said about burton boards or flow bindings, i've had both and broke them quikly. do not get those, im too drunk to advise you othrs pm ill tell you suggestiond tommoroe
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Personally, I'm more for twin-tips than snowboarding.

But hey, snowboarding is pretty good too. Not nearly as skilled on a board as I am on skis, but I'll probably buy some ****ty board so I can give it a few more shots this season.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
Quote by xBrando
I've been on about 10 or so snowboarding trips and I used my friends board everytime, but I have now grown out of it. I am 5"6 and weigh 150. Any board suggestions? And about how long should my board be?

You should probably ride a 148 to 150.
I'm 5"9 and im riding a 151 or a 152 this year
Last edited by smartfella90 at Oct 19, 2009,
Quote by Bitches nBagels
Hey if you guys havn't watched scott stevens before you should

Dude Scott Stevens is a total badass
Anybody here at UG get snow yet? Pretty dry here, unfortunately
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
i live in canada
I snowboard all winter. Blue mountain FTW.
For those of you who've never done it, do it.
The first day sucks. Second day you get the hang of it. Day 3 you're fine.
After that you'll never want to stop.

Just got a new rossignol Decoy 2010 model. I've got flow bindings (thinking of getting new strap in ones though) and am looking for new boots.
I've got a seasons pass so i can go whenever i want
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
Strap ins are lighter then flows, Rome 390's are probably the best freestyle binding, if your getting a new board get reverse camber. Also board size is based on weight not height.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Going snowboarding this sunday whats some good food to bring?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
could only get 2, im gonna need more next time, i was starving lol

im going again this weekend, is anybody else gonna rip it up?
Quote by WantsLesPaul