hey im trying to replace my jackson's pickup switch with the one outta my ibanez sz so i went to the ibanez website to get the schematics.

the problem is my jackson only has 1 volume and 1 tone pot so its kind of a problem seein as im kind of a dumbass when it comes to knowing how stuff works in there (i just solder the wires and leave it at that)

i know there has to be a way for me to use the switch for just one volume one tone, i just dont know how i would go about it. (its the switch with the 12 things you have to choose from http://www.ibanez.com/support/wiringdiagrams.aspx )

if you guys could help me out it would be much appreciated
instruments:
B.C Rich Warlock-Body Art Collection-June 2003
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Squire Strat (way sweeter than it sounds)
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
errmm

there (afaik) should be 2 wires on each pickup... just put the new pickup where the old one was.

and if it didnt work swap the wires over, lol, polarity can be a biiich.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Simple rule for a 1V + 1T guitar is that the wiring goes from the pickups to the switch to the pots. Look up a schematic for the switch you are using. I only ever use 3-way so I can't advise on that.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i put the pickups where the old ones were but i dont know what to leave out/add.

tthe onl y schematics i can find are for 2 volume 1 tone
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet
Last edited by codyshredfoo at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by codyshredfoo
i put the pickups where the old ones were but i dont know what to leave out/add.

tthe onl y schematics i can find are for 2 volume 1 tone

there will be a 1v 1t one somewhere because my ibanezRG350 is a 1v 1t guitar
check out the wiring thread. read the first page and you'll find exactly what you need.

I just know yoiu're going to go to the thread and repost this question without reading the 1st page, so please do us all a favor and read it.
Quote by Invader Jim
check out the wiring thread. read the first page and you'll find exactly what you need.

I just know yoiu're going to go to the thread and repost this question without reading the 1st page, so please do us all a favor and read it.

thanks a bunch buddy, and to tell the truth i probably would have done that
instruments:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic
Gear:
Line 6 Spider 3 HD75
Peavey Mark III Head
Peavey 1x15 Cabinet