I got a important question about Cubase SX3's VST's. Example, I launch a synth vst in cubase and choose a preset for this synth. Then I play some MIDI track with this preset. It plays OK. but when I press "Stop" It resets the presets and all settings I have made for this presets. So what is the problem? Does it have anything to do with Read and Write functions? I don't really even know what those functions do. Is it possible to turn off those? I really appreciate any help
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

Founder of Opeth Fans Group
1. Try to look at your VST settings and see if there are some unwanted settings there.
2. Try Reaper or another program and check if the problem's there on that program.
I have checked my VST's settings dozens of times and found nothing bad there. I have tried Reaper and the same problem is there. Im pretty sure it have something do with Read/Write functions. Maybe someone can tell me more about those functions
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M

You can try to ask on the Cubase or Reaper's forum about it. Since you'll get probably more help about the program there.

Sorry, can't help you with it, I haven't had any bad experiences with it.
Interesting problem. I use cubase about 70 hours a week and haven't come across this.

Read and write are for automation. You should have both turned off. If you accidentally pushed write, there is a possibility that you may have written something into the automation that turns it off. Click READ, use the drop down boxes and look for any written mute automation or effects automation.

You can also create a new session and try it again. I would also consult the cubase user manual.
Do you know if there is an option to turn Automation completely off? I mean, I choose a patch for a VST synth, then I press Play and I hear the sound of the patch, all is fine. But when I play stop the VST switches to the default patch. If I adjusted volume or pan, they also are set to their default spots :/
Gear

Schecter Hellraiser C-1
ENGL Thunder 50 E322
Blackstar HT-50
Framus 2x12 Cab
Yamaha HS50M