Page 1 of 9
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5gm5LT7Q_yH6th6ToBa-AMh_TbhUQ
Now usually I'd be a bit skeptical over this but Derren Brown is a genius and the most powerful sorcerer in all of the land. So what are the pits thoughts on his shenanigans?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
If he pulls this off, all this will prove is that the lottery is fixed.

And that he needs to be burnt at the steak.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
If socerous power ever existed I find it hard to imagine it ever ending in the hands of one (or a couple selects) of individuals. My view of a happy afterlife would involve all of everyone being one thing hence everything everyone did would benefit everyone since there is only one thing, and everything would be predictable, even the lottery.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I wonder if he'd be able to predict me buying a ticket to one of his shows, just so I can throw a chair at his smug face.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by osXtiger
If he pulls this off, all this will prove is that the lottery is fixed.

mmmmmm i like my steaks well done
ive never heard of this guy...what exactly does he do?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
I REALLY hope he is able to pull this off.

Imagine if he doesnt though.
His 'revealing' show will just be him saying how he failed.
Quote by Derren Brown
"A piece of media which will be played to the viewing nation will have the effect of rendering them immobile. Not all of them, but it will basically stick a lot of people to their seats. It's safe."

He's going to play flashing images to the masses?
This isn't right.

EDIT: He is a magic man. Century

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I'm excited.
Derren Brown is fantastic with what he does - and it's not anything unusual, he just knows how the mind works.

I like the idea at the bottom where he'll make people immobile. I will totally be watching.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Skitgraves
I REALLY hope he is able to pull this off.

Imagine if he doesnt though.
His 'revealing' show will just be him saying how he failed.

who cares, he'll be getting television views anyway.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
If he reads each number out before it's announced and it's on a video screen, the image there will be on a delay. Someone will be watching it live elsewhere and they'll feed the numbers to him via an earpiece or some sort of other code and he'll just read it out.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Simsimius
I'm excited.
Derren Brown is fantastic with what he does - and it's not anything unusual, he just knows how the mind works.

I like the idea at the bottom where he'll make people immobile. I will totally be watching.

Hmm, I absolutely love Derren Brown. His understanding of the human mind is incredible, I remember the thing he did when playing Mastermind (the game not the show) with a pro-psychologist and he managed to predict the colours he'd picked at random. And the rock-paper-scizzor thing aswell. Absolutely genius.
Quote by Century

hes basically a master of... suggestion i suppose, he has a masters in psychology and sociology + hes just generally awesome at what he does

but some things remain a complete mystery to me :| which is why its fun
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
I can predict lottery numbers too, for 5 dollars.
At least that's what I tell 'em old ladies before I mug them and run off with their wallets.
Quote by kidsilcon
Derren Brown is a genius and the most powerful sorcerer in all of the land.

You have my sword.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
You have my sword.

And my bow.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Century
He's like our David Blaine. But way cooler and doesn't do pointless things, like living in glass. Like that time he played Russian Roulette live on tv. That was cool. It's like reading people, psychology to a massive extent. He did this live bit once where he got people to write a question on a bit of paper and then put it in an envelope and write their names on the front of the envelope. Judging from how they wrote their names he'd guess the question. Pretty cool stuff, but it does all have an answer obviously.

I'll watch this because I love him. I loved that advert too, jesus christ how did he do that?
Last edited by alexmonty12 at Sep 7, 2009,
For immobile trick all he has to do is put a video of boobs and women kissing
Quote by aaciseric
Hmm, I absolutely love Derren Brown. His understanding of the human mind is incredible, I remember the thing he did when playing Mastermind (the game not the show) with a pro-psychologist and he managed to predict the colours he'd picked at random. And the rock-paper-scizzor thing aswell. Absolutely genius.

It's also amazing how vulnerable our minds are.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
the whole "imobile" thing will probobly just be him telling y ou that what you'll see will render you immobile, then all the retards will fall for it and think hat they wont be able to move, whereas the smart ones will just see if it it does anything, which it won't, thats why he said "not everyone, just most people" or something.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Ed Hunter
If he reads each number out before it's announced and it's on a video screen, the image there will be on a delay. Someone will be watching it live elsewhere and they'll feed the numbers to him via an earpiece or some sort of other code and he'll just read it out.

There filming him say them a couple of days before there drawn.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by ProphetToJables
the whole "imobile" thing will probobly just be him telling y ou that what you'll see will render you immobile, then all the retards will fall for it and think hat they wont be able to move, whereas the smart ones will just see if it it does anything, which it won't, thats why he said "not everyone, just most people" or something.
Usually its the smarter people which are more prone to this sort of 'mind control' (for lack of a better phrase)

retards have no attention span and can't focus on what he's doing so end up getting bored and not captured at all

to understand better, watch the episode of Futurama where Fry can't have his brain controlled by the alien brains because he's too stupid (not where I got my theory on this from at all, but a good episode all the same)
HHHmmmmmmmmm

"The illusionist will be filmed live on Channel 4 on Wednesday night from a secret location, forecasting which numbers will be drawn from the National Lottery Machine live on BBC1."

Channel 4 ? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and the lottery is on BBC1.....
Quote by BrashPersona
HHHmmmmmmmmm

"The illusionist will be filmed live on Channel 4 on Wednesday night from a secret location, forecasting which numbers will be drawn from the National Lottery Machine live on BBC1."

Channel 4 ? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and the lottery is on BBC1.....

Yea, so if he's on Channel 4 at the same time as the draw then you're gunna have to keep switching, effort.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i can see how he can use his skills to predict people, but can he really second guess a machine? if he manages, it is a fluke, or he is duping the entire country. i will want to see his bank statements after to make sure he won...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by alexmonty12
Usually its the smarter people which are more prone to this sort of 'mind control' (for lack of a better phrase)

retards have no attention span and can't focus on what he's doing so end up getting bored and not captured at all

to understand better, watch the episode of Futurama where Fry can't have his brain controlled by the alien brains because he's too stupid (not where I got my theory on this from at all, but a good episode all the same)

This. A lot of the mind tricks Derren Brown does to other people are a sort of hypnosis (not the stuff in films) and work through something called hyper-attentiveness, whereby the 'victim' is tricked into concentrating hard enough on something that they (momentarily) lose inhibitions as their subconscious mind takes over ideas and suggestions from others.

It's like when a live hypnotist makes someone act like a chicken; it won't work for things that people avoid on instinct (i.e jumping off a cliff) but acting like a chicken has no major potential harm so people will do it (the only likely 'damage' is them looking like a fool to others' perception, but the theory goes that a long time ago that wouldn't have been an issue so the instinct to avoid it isn't there).

A perhaps more believable example of how it works is when you are watching a movie and you start paying such attention to it, that you forget your surroundings and find yourself so immersed you recoil at something that makes you jump, or someone tries talking to you and you don't even notice them. If you've ever wondered how you can be walking (or driving) somewhere and you've seemingly started daydreaming but not had any accidents, I guess the subconscious taking control could be argued as a reason for that to.

Obviously this is a relatively well-known theory rather than a fact, but then most things are theories and cannot be confirmed as 100% fact.

Tl;dr: I find this sort of thing interesting. If you did you'd probably have the attention span to read the wall of text, rather than scroll past it
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by jambi_mantra
Yea, so if he's on Channel 4 at the same time as the draw then you're gunna have to keep switching, effort.

Exactly dude.

Channel 4 is wank now as well
Quote by Zoot Allures
If he does it then it's nothing more than proof that the lottery is fixed. Thats the obvious conclusion. He's good at mind tricks but predicting the lottery is impossible unless he's been told the answer.

word. he might as well just win the lottery for himself
Quote by BrashPersona
Exactly dude.

Channel 4 is wank now as well

Please tell me you don't mean now they're cancelling Big Brother?

Anywhom, I haven't seen much of Derren Brown's stuff, but the stuff I have seen was pretty cool so I'll give this a look

Also, does anyone remember that Dead Ringers sketch from years ago where Derren said "I can predict what every single one of you is thinking right now" and holds up a piece of paper saying WANKER?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by ProphetToJables
There filming him say them a couple of days before there drawn.

Damn, my knowledge stolen from a Jonathan Creek episode has not been put to good use

Also, please sort out your "there", "their" and "they're"s
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by flambe chicken
i can see how he can use his skills to predict people, but can he really second guess a machine? if he manages, it is a fluke, or he is duping the entire country. i will want to see his bank statements after to make sure he won...

Have you not seen his first 'Mind control' series? Like I said before, he manages to predict four randomly choosen coloured beads perfectly, he's just doing that on a bigger scale. And if it's fixed why would he be explaining it 2 days later?
Derren Brown is great, and they wouldn't broadcast it unless he knew he could do it for sure.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by aaciseric
Have you not seen his first 'Mind control' series? Like I said before, he manages to predict four randomly choosen coloured beads perfectly, he's just doing that on a bigger scale. And if it's fixed why would he be explaining it 2 days later?

Did you ever see Monkey Magic? They always used to give false explanations for their tricks. Like they claimed levitation was actually a guy jumping off a building and then playing the film backwards in slow motion
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Quote by osXtiger

What?
I think you mean stake.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by hugh20
I call BS, the chance of predicting lottery numbers correctly is more than getting struck by lightning.

This man is a bigger wizard than Jordan Rudess
Quote by rabidguitarist
I wonder if he'd be able to predict me buying a ticket to one of his shows, just so I can throw a chair at his smug face.

always in such a good mood!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by JackalUK

GTFO. The only one who even comes close to Rudess is Gandalf
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Quote by konfyouzd

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Quote by JackalUK

Jordan Rudess has the look

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.