Hi,

I have to choose between one of these two guitars,
(ESP LTD M-200FM and Ibanez RG350MDX), and I play mostly metal.
The only difference between these two guitars, that matters imo, are the pickups and the trem bridge.

The ESP LTD has EMGhz pickups which ive heard arent to great but apparently these specific ones are not to bad. The Ibanez has INF pickups.
The LTD has a licensed floyd rose and the Ibanez has a Edge III bridge.

These are the only two differences that I care about. They both have a fast neck and they are basically the same price. And they both look pretty decent

Thanks alot
What amp are you using? EMGs sound pretty meh through a bad amp. Also I would probably stay away from FR guitars at your price range, at that price range, FRs are too much hassle and they're not too good.

But if you're set on this, I'd go for the Ibanez, but I'm kinda biased to them anyway.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
The Edge is way better than any liscensed, but isn't quite as good as an original floyd, having played all three. I like Ibanez, and Maple fretboards better, so I would go for the ibanez. Oh, and INF pickups are really great. Play both and see which you like better.
Are you buying the LTD new?

If so, it's got a Floyd Rose Special and ESP's in-house pickups. It's better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the tremolos work great as long as u take care of it. go by the sound. dont worry bout the trem
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Licenced Floyd < Edge III

Get the Ibanez, I love my RG350 havent had any issues with the trem on it and I use it constantly
If these are new, go for the LTD. The FR Special is miles ahead of an Edge III.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Guitar2theface
What amp are you using? EMGs sound pretty meh through a bad amp. Also I would probably stay away from FR guitars at your price range, at that price range, FRs are too much hassle and they're not too good.

But if you're set on this, I'd go for the Ibanez, but I'm kinda biased to them anyway.

I have a 40 Watt Peavey Envoy110 and a G1X Zoom pedal.
How will the EMG's sound through that? It's Hz EMG's though
What do you suggest as a guitar for me then if you think I shouldnt go with a FR guitar?
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Licenced Floyd < Edge III

Get the Ibanez, I love my RG350 havent had any issues with the trem on it and I use it constantly

Ok i havent been on here for a while but i dont think this is true at all....unless the edge III suddently got bamazing but i doubt thats true
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by oneblackened
Are you buying the LTD new?

If so, it's got a Floyd Rose Special and ESP's in-house pickups. It's better.

Yes the LTD is new
I'd either save for a guitar that has a better tremolo system, or get a hard tail. Like the Edge III isn't as terrible as everyone makes it out to be, but its still by no means a good tremolo. Save for something with a Lo-Pro or a ZR as far as Ibanez goes, or an original FR.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
I'd either save for a guitar that has a better tremolo system, or get a hard tail. Like the Edge III isn't as terrible as everyone makes it out to be, but its still by no means a good tremolo. Save for something with a Lo-Pro or a ZR as far as Ibanez goes, or an original FR.

What he's trying to say is that the Edge III sucks balls. Get a hardtail like an RG321 or something.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30