hey !
i really dont know whichone to buy .
I have a strat copy , which is pretty good ,
but i also like les pauls .
Ive heard that strat is more for romance people
and all teachers in music scools say that i am a romance
humen and i got that right feeling .
my style is probably oldschool rock and blues .
( Lynyrd Skynyrd , also GNR and stuff like that )
I love this deep tone of Les pauls and i do love tone of strats as well .
I seriously dont know what to do .
You want to buy a guitar based on 'romantics'?

/facepalm

Just goto youtube, so strat vs. les paul or something. It's all about tonal quality, and noise/feedback with distortion.
Well if you already have a strat copy that's decent, might as well get a Les Paul.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
i dont know about you, but the guitar a person plays often reflects the person playing it, therefore i would say go for the fender, but also i have a Les Paul, and they are amazing, but in ur case i would say go for the fender =] x
I love Strats but I also like Gibson Les Pauls.
I find that I have gotten a better tone that some Les Pauls out of my Strat but you also need a good amp to do that.

Personally, I find the Les Paul to have a too fat neck which doesn't suit me as my fingers aren't very long so I find the Strats easier to play.

If you're thinking of getting a Les Paul, I know that Gibson Les Pauls (Standard) are absolute crap these days in comparison to how they used to be made and they're lighter than the Strat that I have so try and get an older one or second hand... same goes for an Epiphone Les Paul.

You should go out and try both of them and see what you prefer. You can make any tone you want out of both guitars.

Skynyrd used both Gibsons and Strats (Steve Gaines) but G 'n' R (Slash) used a Gibson. I think you'd like a Strat more but I find that they take a bit longer to appreciate more than a Gibson.

Good luck with whatever guitar you choose and hopefully you'll love it.
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
I wouldn't say they're absolute crap, but their quality control is definitely lacking, so its a bit harder to find a good one among the lemons.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
well if you like deep tone you'd better go with the les paul (standard!!) becuase you can get nice clean tones with the single coils on a strat but nice killer rock sounds from the humbuckers on a les paul. so if you want both . i give you the Hss Strat. (humbucker single single i think it stands for) you get all the sexyness of both but a strat style body.
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
Last edited by Mrfussytabs at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by Guitar2theface
I wouldn't say they're absolute crap, but their quality control is definitely lacking, so its a bit harder to find a good one among the lemons.

Well I mean if they're charging such high prices for a Les Paul, I'm gonna call them crap. I remember I was going to go in to a shop here and buy one and was looking forward to getting one. I was so disappointed with it. Luckily there was an older one on the shelf from the 1970's. The weight of the thing nearly broke my back but the sound was far superior.... I didn't buy it though.
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
I will admit they're pretty overpriced.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
HSS strat.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
The two are so different from each other......
LP - Small scale, fixed bridge, HB Pickups and fatter/rounder neck usually.
Strat - Long scale, tremolo (usually), SC pickups and thinner neck.
Which one feels better or more comfortable to you?
Moving on.....
What about Fender 57 American Vintage MN WB ?

FENDER '57 American Vintage Stratocaster, MN WB, Ash Body, Maple Neck, Maple Fretboard, 21 Frets, U.S. Vintage Pickups, Kluson-type Vintage Mechanics, Chrom/Nickel Hardware, Color: White blonde, incl. Tweed Case, incl. vintage tweed case, strap, cable, 5-position switch update kit, ash tray bridge cover