Last edited by 24WildRovers at Aug 16, 2010,
Thank you very much
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
If You Wish to Give C4C Click on the Smlileys
:
I liked the way you wrote, though I -personally- wouldn't be able to fit your lyric into a song.

Maybe you should try to get longer verses, a distinct chorus and maybe a bridge that stands out from the rest of the song?

It also works out for many artists to get a character and think of a storyline with a sudden twist in it.

For example Avenged Sevenfold's Afterlife, which is about a man who died and went to the Afterlife, and found out he missed too much in life and wants another chance.

Or, same bands, Little Piece Of Heaven. Its about a man who murdered his wife to abuse her lifeless body. The funny twist in this song is that the wife comes to life, kills the man and then they get on a "un-natural" killing spree.

I dont want you to be forced in a certain direction, I just like to give you another perspective on writing!

Greetings,

RMW.
Quote by RMWessels
I liked the way you wrote, though I -personally- wouldn't be able to fit your lyric into a song.

Maybe you should try to get longer verses, a distinct chorus and maybe a bridge that stands out from the rest of the song?

It also works out for many artists to get a character and think of a storyline with a sudden twist in it.

For example Avenged Sevenfold's Afterlife, which is about a man who died and went to the Afterlife, and found out he missed too much in life and wants another chance.

Or, same bands, Little Piece Of Heaven. Its about a man who murdered his wife to abuse her lifeless body. The funny twist in this song is that the wife comes to life, kills the man and then they get on a "un-natural" killing spree.

I dont want you to be forced in a certain direction, I just like to give you another perspective on writing!

Greetings,

RMW.

Well thank you very much for the suggestions, but I was actually, mostly using this as a practice. I want my stuff to be a little simple, innocent and to the point. Though you are correct in that I should make a story, I tried that one and it turned out to be the longest ballad out there. I'll try to start work on stuff that could more easily be writen into music
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
:
Well, its not that your stuff is "wrong" in any way, but the way I try to write makes it easier for me, and maybe also for you.

Greetings,

RMW.
Quote by RMWessels
Well, its not that your stuff is "wrong" in any way, but the way I try to write makes it easier for me, and maybe also for you.

Greetings,

RMW.

Yeah everyone has their own style of writing I guess.

Thank you all for the comments on this work, I am much appreciative
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
:
Quote by hippieboy444
the last stanza could be worked on. a bit too direct.

Thanks man. I tried changing the last verse a little, tell me if you like the new change or if I should have either kept it or try something else
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
:
Quote by hippieboy444
i like the change.

Thanks
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes