Page 1 of 13
The Principal at my school announced that President Obama,tomarrow at 1:45 pm. Will give a speech on how important it is to get an education, and my teachers have to show his speech by law. Is your school showing his speech?
No, but that those blasted eyebots wandering round outside keep blaring out John Henry Eden's sanctimonious drivel. That's REALLY irritating.
Quote by Tap597
The Principal at my school announced that President Obama,tomarrow at 1:45 pm. Will give a speech on how important it is to get an education, and my teachers have to show his speech by law. Is your school showing his speech?

I getted one of those back in the day. Those is overrated.
Quote by LordBishek
No, but that those blasted eyebots wandering round outside keep blaring out John Henry Eden's sanctimonious drivel. That's REALLY irritating.

, but no and if they do I'm walking out.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
I had to watch Kevin Rudd apologise to the aboriginals

what a load of shit
Quote by LordBishek

Are you in the business of making Fallout 3 jokes now?

Have I missed something?
school doesn't start till thursday for me.

it pisses me off how all the right wing extremist technophobes are equating him to stalin for this. he's just telling kids that school is important
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
um.. Hail Canada? Not like Harper's ever said/done anything worth an assembly anyways.
My school is also doing this. Lets hope he fixes up unaffordable college education, which you're fucked without.
Yes, and i'll be sitting outside my classroom when he does. I'm in 11th grade, if I want an education i'll decide for myself if I want one.
love is love // return to dust
By law? Really?
And the whole changing the pledge of allegiance thing is bull****. No ****ing way.
Virginia is not showing the speech, btw. I start school tomorrow.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Last edited by bry0n at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by tancanada
Yes, and i'll be sitting outside my classroom when he does. I'm in 11th grade, if I want an education i'll decide for myself if I want one.

wut
Yes, I use a Squier bass.

Quote by ccam555
0/10.

- Looking to improve this somewhat.
Some parents actually called into my school and requested their kids not watch this speech. It's kind of ridiculous that they don't want their kids listening to the president considering this speech probably isn't going to be political at all.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by bulldozerbob
Are you in the business of making Fallout 3 jokes now?

Have I missed something?

There's not a great deal going on in my life right now
Everyone in my school is freaking out about it and getting notes from their parents so thy don't have to watch it. Last time I checked he's our president so if he wants to broadcast a speech he should be able to. All the kids at my school are saying he trying to brainwash people. It's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it's not even a political speech. I think he's just going to talk about how important school is and stuff.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by tancanada

Wow how ignorant. Hes not forcing anyone to get an education, hes encouraging it. How is encouraging, an education none-the-less, bad?
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
yeah if the pledge gets changed i'm not saying it at all
but yeah my school showed the inauguration so why not this!
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Quote by bry0n
By law? Really?
And the whole changing the pledge of allegiance thing is bull****. No ****ing way.
Virginia is not showing the speech, btw. Plus I don't start school till tomorrow.

are you saying that its stupid or that its not true?
cause if they really do change our pledge, i'm gonna revolt. with a pick axe.
I have heard it before, after hearing "I have a dream" the first time it got a little boring
Quote by Tap597

You bastard! You took my name! I'm the only tap around these parts!!!

...On topic, No. I haven't heard anything about it.
Quote by patsox834
Man, you're clearly in the wrong place. The dudes of the Pit are ladykillers.

Totally
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
My school doesn't open till wednesday.

Indeed same with mine.
Quote by jxmxaxn
Wow how ignorant. Hes not forcing anyone to get an education, hes encouraging it. How is encouraging, an education none-the-less, bad?

cause people are gonna make him out to be some kind of hero for telling us something we've been hearing our whole lives.
I'm surprised you people are so uppety about them changing it from the flag to the president. I never knew America wanked over the flag so much...
Quote by tancanada

isnt it required by law for minors to go to some kind of school?
Quote by Tap597
I think it might be important for you to get one anyway.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
My school doesn't open till wednesday.

This.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I have heard it before, after hearing "I have a dream" the first time it got a little boring

How are education and racial segregation remotely the same?
Quote by bendystraw
How are education and racial segregation remotely the same?

racial segregation in schools
Last edited by Capt_Clarkson at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by JackalUK
I'm surprised you people are so uppety about them changing it from the flag to the president. I never knew America wanked over the flag so much...

it's not entirely that, just the pledge has been the same for QUITE some time now and is it really required to change something that's been working for so long now?
if it ain't broken, don't fix it

and yeah obama's telling us to be Americans and do our job for him, not for the country
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Quote by !normajean!
cause people are gonna make him out to be some kind of hero for telling us something we've been hearing our whole lives.

While others will badmouth him for speaking to their kids about something weve been hearing all our lives, just because hes obama.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Quote by JackalUK

you obviously dont understand. no offense.
but they president serves us, NOT the other way around. thats why i have a problem with it.
Quote by Tap597

What the fuck ?
Now I can see why the republicans were complaining.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by bry0n
By law? Really?
Virginia is not showing the speech, btw. I start school tomorrow.

they're showing the speech at my school and I'm in Virginia.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M