I am fixing up an ibanez 7 string and i need a few parts one of which is on the trem.
Does anyone what the spring on the trem are called. i am missing one and need to buy a new one.


Here is a link to the a picture of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

And another thing... it doesnt have the frets on it and i was wondering if there a type of glue that would be good to put them back on?
Last edited by Futile Disciple at Sep 7, 2009,
You can safely replace them with any spring of roughly the same strength, like a spring from inside a "clicky" ball point pen for instance.

My Ibanez RGR has the 6 string version of that bridge and the only reason they are there is to apply a small amount of pressure to make sure the saddles are as stable as possible.

EDIT: Also, what do you mean it doesn't have any of the frets on it? As in the metal fret wire is missing from the fretboard completely?
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Sep 7, 2009,
have you ever installed frets before? its not as easy as it looks, to do it right. sure popping them in, but true leveling is kind of an art imo.