What is a good amp for Jazz/Eric Clapton sound? I am thinking of maybe spending 400 USD. Should I wait and save up? I have a small Fender amp for now so I am in no rush yet =).
Fender Stratocaster Standard American - MBP 15" - Guitar Rig 4 - ATH A900 - Acoustic Piano
which fender amp do you have right now? an FM?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The current amp is not at my place, getting to borrow it for free. Not sure which one it is. I would guess it is something like Fender 15R Frontman Series II Guitar Combo Amp .

I wouldn't gig on it. My room is very small, around 150 squared feet.
Fender Stratocaster Standard American - MBP 15" - Guitar Rig 4 - ATH A900 - Acoustic Piano
Quote by martinj
The current amp is not at my place, getting to borrow it for free. Not sure which one it is. I would guess it is something like Fender 15R Frontman Series II Guitar Combo Amp .

I wouldn't gig on it. My room is very small, around 150 squared feet.

depends how much you want to spend. the Fender Super Champ XD is a 15 watt, 2 channel amp tube amp with built in effects. it costs roughly $300 new, and you can find them used for under $200. there's also the Vibro Champ XD, a 5 watt single channel verison of the super, for around $200 new, and you can easily find them for $150 used.

the Blackstar HT5 is always popular around here, but i'm not sure how good the clean channel is for Jazz.

just look at small wattage tube amps and a nice OD. something along the lines of a Fender champ 600 or a Gretsch Electromatic amp set clean with a Cool Cat Overdrive will be pretty good for what you're looking for.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 7, 2009,
Then, if you willing to wait and save up, I will always suggest doing it. If you only spend $400 on an amp, it won't set that far away from the Frontman. But if you spend $1000 onwards, particularly concerning the used market, you could get a very nice boutique handmade amplifier.

It all depends on how far you are willing to go, though, in terms of money. Some people simply don't ever want to spend that much on an amp.
Maybe I should wait then. Rather wait to get one nice decent amp then going through several money loss steps.

Thanks guys =). Will have a look from time to time in the stores locally to see if there is something that sounds nice =)
Quote by martinj
Maybe I should wait then. Rather wait to get one nice decent amp then going through several money loss steps.

Thanks guys =). Will have a look from time to time in the stores locally to see if there is something that sounds nice =)

still, try out he amps i suggested. there are good amps for $400, but they're mostly practice amps, like the fenders i mentioned. just because a really nice amp costs $1,200 doesn't mean you can't be happy with a $300 amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
still, try out he amps i suggested. there are good amps for $400, but they're mostly practice amps, like the fenders i mentioned. just because a really nice amp costs $1,200 doesn't mean you can't be happy with a $300 amp.

I will keep them in mind when I test some amps out in couple weeks time.