would anyone suggest it? cause from what i heard i know les paul necks used to be thinner they were now or thats what i heard and if so how should i approach doing this task? how thing could i go wihtout causing any damage to my guitars build?
Epi les paul custom Dimebuckers & Duncan Distortion
Boss ME 50 multi effects
Dime Distortion
Fender Strat with Floyd Rose Tremolo 2 stock single coil & humbucker pups
Fender Chorus Amp
why are you doing it anyway?

Bear in mind, I'm sure Les Pauls are set necks, so if you make a hash of it, you're stuck.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
hence why i set up this post and its cause i want a thinner neck on it i love my les pauls tone its just the neck thats a bit of a bitch cause its pretty thick i find anyway
Epi les paul custom Dimebuckers & Duncan Distortion
Boss ME 50 multi effects
Dime Distortion
Fender Strat with Floyd Rose Tremolo 2 stock single coil & humbucker pups
Fender Chorus Amp
Quote by Noob_Cakes12
would anyone suggest it? cause from what i heard i know les paul necks used to be thinner they were now or thats what i heard and if so how should i approach doing this task? how thing could i go wihtout causing any damage to my guitars build?

1958 and 1960 era Les Pauls had that thinner neck. Jimmy Page shimmed down his 59's neck but I wouldn't recommend it.. learn to love your guitar for what it is and if you can't, sell for something that does the job for you.
maybe you can get a luthier to do it? if you want it shaved that bad
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Dude, I wouldn't touch that les paul. If you ever want anything other than that paul, youre not selling it for too much more than an epiphone.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
^Look in his sig... It IS an Epiphone.

Just do it man. I'm in the process of shaving down my Cort's neck and blending the heel into the body, and it's wonderful. I love the feel of it, and the stability hasn't suffered one iota.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Sep 8, 2009,
I sanded the paint off the back of my LP's neck and believe it or not just taking off the thick coating I noticed a difference. Not only in the lack of stickiness, but in the width also. As for the heel, no matter what you do frat access will be hindered near the 17th fret. If your looking for easy fret access you shouldn't have gotten a Les Paul.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
That completely depends on his playing style. If he wraps his whole hand around the neck, then yeah, he won't ever get to the high frets, but with a less ogre-like grip you'll notice a world of difference if you blend the heel into the cutaway. Why else would Gibson have made the Axcess?