Well, Alto Saxophone(which i play) is an Eb instrument and guitar is a C instrument. I am sure there is a converter on the internet. Off to google!
does his tone/intonation remind anyone else of kenny g?
and ts- learn to play the licks on the guitar by ear? music is music. write it out in C if your more comfortable that way (concert pitch, but the key its actually pitched in).
Quote by tehREALcaptain
does his tone/intonation remind anyone else of kenny g?
and ts- learn to play the licks on the guitar by ear? music is music. write it out in C if your more comfortable that way (concert pitch, but the key its actually pitched in).

troll, stfu, KENNY G is scum compared to gilmour, don't ever bring that name up again.

You do know who david gilmour is, you know pink floyd?

Quote by sweeptehsweepz
troll, stfu, KENNY G is scum compared to gilmour, don't ever bring that name up again.

SOMEONE's a Pink Floyd fanboy. Let me guess, Gilmour is so amazing because he has so much more 'feeling', right?

TS: The saxophone has so many voice-like abilities (sighs, bends, etc) like a guitar, it shouldn't be too hard to transcribe. Just make sure to keep in mind you won't be able to get the exact same sound, have some fun with it.
well, i guess this doesnt really pertain to the situation, but if you had the sax music, assuming it was an alto or anything else in the key of eb, you could just play all the notes four frets up to match.
Quote by sweeptehsweepz

Have you even listened to Kenny G? I'm guessing you only hate him because you've been told to. I don't like Kenny G but there are far worse musicians. (Google a Pat Metheny interview about Kenny G if you really want to hear him being trashtalked )

Back on topic, transcribing saxophone is really not any different than transcribing guitar. I suggest using a program like Finale or Sibelius since that's much easier to use than Guitar Pro, at least when transcribing other instruments.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane