By that, I mean that they have an unfinished neck and pickups you can rest your thumb on. I played a friend's Rickenbacker 4003 yesterday and surprisingly didn't like it at all. I'm looking for a $400-$600 price range.
Ibanez sr?
Warwick?
maybe ltds?

not sure about prices though
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
most Ibanez will feel like yours, a Warwick would take it farther than that.

btw- I'm not a Ric guy either.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well, it really isn't hard to sand the finish off a neck. Several grades of sandpaper + sanding ability is all you need.

And I think the only bass I've ever played that with pickups that I couldn't rest my thumb on was a P bass.

I wouldn't really want to have to sand down a neck of a guitar. And I have this thing where it's hard for me to customize stuff I've bought.
If the budget is tight, look at warwick rockbasses...

I dont know what they retail for over the ditch
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well, it really isn't hard to sand the finish off a neck. Several grades of sandpaper + sanding ability is all you need.

And I think the only bass I've ever played that with pickups that I couldn't rest my thumb on was a P bass.

Sanding the finish off a neck is a mistake, most of the time.

Check the info from the warmoth webpage (© warmoth):

To Finish or Not to Finish?
All our necks are dipped in an oil based penetrating sealer which is compatible with virtually all secondary finishes. This provides enhanced stability; however, it is not adequate protection for playing. We strongly recommend you apply a hard finish to all Maple, Mahogany, and Koa necks. Oils do not validate our warranty requirements. We understand the attraction of raw or lightly oiled necks. They feel fast and are not sticky. Unfortunately, they are much more susceptible to moisture related warping and twisting. Our experience is that hard finished necks seldom warp. Less than 1 out of 200 (0.5%) are returned for warpage. Raw or oiled necks don't fare as well. About 10% are rendered useless from the torture. The more acidic your perspiration, the higher the odds are against you.
If you must play a raw neck, that's cool; it's ok. A neck is just a tool. Just be aware of the risk. If yours does the pretzel act, we don't want to hear about it."
Quote by The Sharkman
Sanding the finish off a neck is a mistake, most of the time.

Check the info from the warmoth webpage (© warmoth):

yes, because warmouth are going to sue you for not mentioning that their site belongs to them

I have had a few basses without a 'hard' finish on the neck and it's never bothered me. You just have to know how to maintain it
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
yes, because warmouth are going to sue you for not mentioning that their site belongs to them

You never know.... you never know...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I've never had a problem with necks I've sanded the finish off. As said, if you know how to maintain it, there's no problem.

Yeh, i took the finish off my Schecter and it made it feel so much better.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...