Alright well here's the deal...

I have an Ibanez JEM7VWH and have loved it to death for about two years now. The money i used to get it was money my grandfather gave me when he had passed away and was in his will. I really loved the guitar when i played it but now it's almost as if the guitar doesn't really suit me.

Don't get me wrong it is a great guitar for what it is and the looks are beautiful but after the years went by i started to almost loose a feel for it and some other guitars out there i seem to play a bit better on.

The neck is a bit wider so it is a different feel for what it is but am i wrong to think this way?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Maybe you're just getting bored of it? Idk this stuff never happens to me <_<
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Well, what guitars DO feel "right" to you at the minute?

If it IS the guitar, then there is really nothing for it. You should just find a new one and move on, as harsh as it sounds. A good guitar, however good it might be, is worthless (sentimental value notwithstanding) if it doesn't feel right.

I think, however, that your problem is probably setup related. Have it set up proffesionally. If that doesn't work, try having it set up proffesionally with heavier strings. When I say a proffessional setup, I don't mean what the lads at the local Guitar Center or whatever will do you; I mean a serious guitar tech.
Well i'm liking Ibanez S series guitars, which i feel are different from the Prestige ones. yeah i might go get it setup. Does switching from .9s to .10s really make a lot of difference. I setup my own guitars and my floyd is flat down. Also the intonation sounds pretty good too. I don't know.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Sep 7, 2009,
i did the same thing with my les paul, just take a break from it for another while and play another guitar. You will come back to it after a while.
~Defiant~
I would suggest that you find out just why your guitar feels wrong.
In terms of feel, the S Series and the JEM should be almost identical save for some quality differences, being that the JEM is the original Ibanez shredder. I would then suggest a setup. Furthermore I reccomend that you ask the owners (shops or not) of the guitars you're enjoying at the minute what guages they're set up with, and check how rigid the trems feel. Get the guitar set up with all the setup traits you've liked recently and if that doesn't work, then you're simply growing bored of the guitar. It's not a big problem, you simply play other guitars for a while. When you come back to it it should feel fresh and fantastic.

All that said, it could be as simple as changing the strings, but if you set up your guitars yourself I can only presume you know well enough to change them and do so regularly.
Buy another guitar. And no, you won't "leave this guitar behind", but after you play the other one, you'll start wanting to play it again, and you'll go back and forth... Then you can by another guitar and throw it into the rotation. It feels great to be able to choose which guitar feels just right for "today"
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
well definitely keep the JEM, cuz if u get rid of it you'll regret it, its an astounding guitar, but start looking for another one as well, maybe an S ibanez, or if you're looking something different a prophecy series epi or something? =S