Poll Options
View poll results: Are you in a band?
Yes
364 54%
No
311 46%
Voters: 675.
Page 1 of 5
Just curious as to whether most UGers are in a band or not. I'm not. Wish I was though, but no chance of that happening . Are you?
I'm more of a solo artist, but I guess since I perform live, it counts.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
No, but I'm trying to get people to start a band. All I need is a singer and a bassist.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by yoojee-er
Just curious as to whether most UGers are in a band or not. I'm not. Wish I was though, but no chance of that happening . Are you?

Just do the one-man band thing. That's what myself and a lot of people do.
Not a proper band.

Three (or four or five) of us go to my mate's shed and make what is best described as 'noise'.

It involves lots of lovely noise and pedal ballet though, so tis all good.
yup
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Can't keep a band going =/
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall

This might be interesting...

I'm not btw.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
i stand in as bassist when needed and play some synth on bass using various assortments of my friends pedals. doesn't sound like a synth much but its good fun. 'tis good. soon however, the bassist will be taking over as lead guitarist, the singer will be drumming aswell as the current lead guitarist and drummer are leaving for uni.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
i am, but we seem to differ in our musical tastes.... which kind of sucks. has anyone else had that problem?
Until about 6 months ago I was in a fairly decent band, we did mostly weddings and sometimes some other gigs, like we did one for charity. I think I played about 10 gigs in that band, the band still exists (its already like 20 years old, I was the youngest in the band) and they're going on. I quit the band because I wanted to develop my own skills as a singer and wanted to make my own music. Singing is coming along pretty nice.

There were a couple hindrances in the band though, like a pretty crappy female back-up vocalist and a keyboard-player who just had no feel for the music. He practiced a lot but he just didnt have the feeling for it.
I'm in a punk band but we aint done anything in ages so me and a buddy are starting a sleaze punk band influenced by the likes of motley crue, ratt, hardcore superstar, murderdolls kinda bands.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Not anymore.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I'm doing my solo ****, I have a live band for that.

I've also just formed a Fusion band with me on piano, and I'm joining an Indie band at University.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by ctodd183
i am, but we seem to differ in our musical tastes.... which kind of sucks. has anyone else had that problem?
Haha, yes, quite a bit. I play blues and reggae and was in a band with a metal drummer, a hardcore punk guitarist and a singer who claims he listens to punk music.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by ctodd183

I used to have that problem. I wanted to play music and they wanted to play thrash.
Err... Sort of. The drummer hates me so he's pretty much out of the band (though no one's ever made it official) leaving just me and the singer, since we never had a full-time bassist. The two of us still do stuff occasionally using a drum machine - mostly covers, but we've written a couple of new songs - but we don't really perform live

The whole story's too long to post, but to be honest I'm not sure if we ever counted as a real band in the first place
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Yes , But getting annoyed with my lazy bassist
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
I have been for the past 2 years of my life, but currently I am not. However, on Friday I audition for a jazz band.
Yes I am, and if you don't believe me then check out the links in my sig.
This space has been intentionally left blank.
I'm in 2. I would be in 3, but one went on "hiatus" after one practice. I've also been in a bunch of 1 time things for school events, etc.

God I love being bassist.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I was the 69th person to vote yes

Serious response: Yes, lead guitarist and singer. Just played our first public gig Friday night.
I'm in the same band now that I've been in for about 5 years now.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, unless you're playing guitar by thrashing your dick around the strings I see no application of guitar technique to sex.

My band, Two Days In February
Page 1 of 5