So I've recently ordered my macbook pro and would really like to get into recording some of my stuff.

I'm after an audio interface, can be USB or firewire. That is able to record Guitar and Bass and vocals too.
I'll be using it with garageband, at least for now.
Budget wise, nothing too pricey! Definitely under £100 preferably about £60 ish
Im keeping an eye on e-bay but whats recomended and what should be avoided!!

Cheers
Quote by symanoy
So I've recently ordered my macbook pro and would really like to get into recording some of my stuff.

I'm after an audio interface, can be USB or firewire. That is able to record Guitar and Bass and vocals too.
I'll be using it with garageband, at least for now.
Budget wise, nothing too pricey! Definitely under £100 preferably about £60 ish
Im keeping an eye on e-bay but whats recomended and what should be avoided!!

Cheers

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FIREBOX-24bit96kHz-FireWire-Recording-System?sku=184133
ive heard very good things about this, plus its firewire so its very fast. might be a bit above your budget, but im sure on ebay you can find it cheaper.
Quote by Xeus
i have the line 6 tone port gx and that works well enough for me now. my friend has the ux1 which seems pretty cool

yea i have the gx1 and for 50$ its quite good. the only reason i recommended the presonus is because it has a mic preamp, while the gx just has a guitar input.
ah thanks, that firebox does look good! Firewire would be preferable both for speed and to keep the USB ports free.
I was gonna ask about the line 6 ports, as they are designed specifically for guitars and all.
Theres alot of M-audio boxes on e-bay anyone had any experience with these?
Quote by symanoy
ah thanks, that firebox does look good! Firewire would be preferable both for speed and to keep the USB ports free.
I was gonna ask about the line 6 ports, as they are designed specifically for guitars and all.
Theres alot of M-audio boxes on e-bay anyone had any experience with these?

i have the m-audio fast track ultra, and its pretty good. Although ive heard some not so good things about their cheaper m-audio stuff, but im sure its decent.
Yeah, I've found some relatively cheap M audio USB, but im not too sure about that
found a anothe presonus alternative to the firebox, the inspire, anyone know anything about it?
I have an INSPIRE it's nice but my USB interface is just as nice - no difference in quality or speed as far as recording just guitar goes... and the INSPIRE costs $200
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!