#1
im sure some of you have heard about me upgrading my bass. well guess what its done haha. it took about 2 weeks, 2 cans of krylon crystal clear spray, a pint of minwax cherry stain, 4 sheets of 36 grit 3m sand paper, 2 sheets of 80, 1 sheet of 110 and a half sheet of 220 grit, a can of zip strip, 3 chip brushes, painter tape, a chisle, and many sanding pads. first i zip stripped the old finish off, then sanded the rest away (the zip strip stuff sucked!) so i finally got the old finish off, got the body smoothed out and ready to stain. had about 4 coats of stain on it then about 6 coats of krylon spray. wet sanded that and polished it up. installed my new electronics (nordstrand p/j set and an aguilar odp-3 preamp with 2 volume, a mid push pull, treble, bass and active/passive selecter switch) i got the whole thing shielded on the inside, the cavities made larger to accomidate everything and everything set up perfect. so here are some pics!
Attachments:
full stack 001.JPG
full stack 002.JPG
full stack 003.JPG
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
#3
The tope three knobs look like they could be kinda troublesome dont they?

Anyway, it looks pretty nice and the neck sure is shiny isnt it? Good job with being brave enough to mess around with work like this.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
#4
Quote by jimmy_neutron
those cabs look disgusting

look fine to me. damn traditionalist.

looks nice to me.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.


Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
#5
yo cookie monster dont hate. and to thegian - the top 3 dont bother me too much haha, only reason theyre like that is because of restrictions in my routing of the cavitie (lack of space) so i worked with what i had haha. and my neck is uber shiny (previouse project: see "defretted success" haha) and thanks for gettin my back humanity, i love the all green trace scheme haha. you outa hear this ish roar! chills my bones dude. my treble and mids sound the same (clear and punchy as always) but the new pickups reaaaally made my lows sound godly. sooo clear and defined. plus the preamp gives me so much control and the my trace head gives me even more. talk about versatility haha


EDIT: just if you were wondering: thors hammer is the name of my stack- hence the marvel trading card "thor's hammer" stuck in the balance knob aha
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Last edited by bassman10101 at Sep 7, 2009,
#7
haha dude i was going to special order minwax color stain and do it up green. but i figured thatd be a little overkill. and yeh i did do a lot. shes my first love and will be my last. ive seen every side of her. it was a shame when i got to stripping the finishe. she was coated with about half an inch (a little over a centimeter) of clear coat, then painted black and red around the edges, stained tobacco under that and then primed under that. she had a lot of makeup so to speak. i got her down to her natural self and fell more in love haha. this being after i defretted her and tuned up her bridge. ive customized her from top to bottom. she is mine and i am hers.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful