HI,

I'm thinking of buying a ESP LTD M-200FM and it has EMGhz pickups, and I read that they could sound bad depending on your amp/effects pedal or whatever.

And I was wondering if it will sound good through my setup which is,
a Peavy envoy110 Amp and a G1X Zoom Effects Pedal.

I've downloaded a video of somone playing on this guitar. It sounded O.K but the video's quality isn't really good enough to make out if it really has a nice tone. I will be buying the guitar online, meaning I can't go to a shop and "test" it out.

Thanks alot
They do sound a little muddy if you're amp isn't right, I have EMGhz's on my Jackson and I don't mind the sound, with my pedals and everything I can equalize the sound and what not...but I would go for EMG 81's and 85 or 60
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by EvoLancer211
They do sound a little muddy if you're amp isn't right, I have EMGhz's on my Jackson and I don't mind the sound, with my pedals and everything I can equalize the sound and what not...but I would go for EMG 81's and 85 or 60

As nice as it is to hear about your EMG's on your Jackson, it doesn't really answer my question whether it would sound good on my amp, which is what I want to know.
Is my amp right?
I think there's one in th neck on my 260sm sounds muddy but still sounds good
through an envoy 110 i doubt they would sound great, maybe not bad, but not great. and as evolancer211 said, the active emg's would sound much better.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I have a M-200 FM and its pretty decent sounding. I mean the sound doesn't compare to my 81/85 set but for the price they sound very good. I play though a peavey transtube head into a xxx cab and I am pleased with the sound
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility