Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
congratulations?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
im guessing that was supposed to be a question.

focus on power chords, and make the lead parts short, then go back to the power chords.

strats on overdrive or light distortion would be good.

lows-7 mids-5 highs-5

EDIT: VV when we hear someone wants to "sound like someone" we tell them the core/essence of that band. if you focus on power chords more than lead work, then you should do alright. and no ones laughing btw, just trying to help

double edit: and im in no way a metalhead. i listen to metal, sure. but i also listen to greenday, creed,disturbed,immortal technique, tupac, and many more "non-metal bands"
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Last edited by shanchett99 at Sep 7, 2009,
but dude. in all seriousness. there are more than power chords. you can go laugh about it all dayy you metalheads. gtfo.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Marshall DSL or Single/Dual Rectifier combined with your Les Paul.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by GreenDay0013
but dude. in all seriousness. there are more than power chords. you can go laugh about it all dayy you metalheads. gtfo.

who's laughing?
Quote by pepsi1187
who's laughing?

nobody. but people will, just give it time.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

use your guitar, plus a british amp that is dimed, with flat mids/treble and a slightly boosted bass.

also - this could have been found out by visiting the settings thread or a simple google search.

addendum: since i'm feeling picky. you have your rude post about metalheads and that they should "gtfo". there is no actual question in the OP, so this is essentially a spam thread. you are trying to insinuate people to laugh at you, and therefore are trolling. furthermore, this thread belongs in GG&A or the green day thread. *reported*
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Sep 7, 2009,
Well, Billie Joe uses guitars that usually have single coil pickups in them, that's how he gets his punchy tone. In Rise Against, everyone usually uses a Les Paul and they play out of some kind of Marshall. I hear in the new album they use the Kerry King head.

But if you're talking about the signature attitude of the band and not the tone, well, Rise Against and Green Day are pretty different. Sure, they use power chords most of the time, but that's probably where the similarities end.
Quote by thrasher.
1/10

really? i didnt know that.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Rise Against use SGs, Green Day used Strats and now use LP Jrs.

SG > Marshall DSL or JCM

PS lrn2settingsthread.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Green day I can tell you how to do pretty well, Rise Against not so much.

Gear wise: Strats or Les Paul Jr.'s into Marshalls or amps with similar tone and feel with Gain set around 5-7, Bass around 6-7, mids around 5-6, Highs around 5-7 (depends on the actual amp). Not much else is really needed there.

Technique: Lots of basic three (power)chord progressions, occasionally short leads or solos. Basic, simple, catchy, with a good bit of agression behind it. You really wanna get the idea learn how to play 1039/Smothered out Slappy Hours album and suddenly you'll understand the songwriting alot better.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.