Would it be ok to play a 100 watt head though 2 Blackstar 40 watt 1x10 cabs? I would obviously not turn it up too much (prob 3/8 at most). Will it still blow out the speakers, or would it be ok. I'm just trying to plan an order to buy equipment and if i find a good deal on a head, i'd want to get it before a 2x12 or 4x12.

Also, it's 100 watts if tube power.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
It would be very risky and might work. Definitely not a smart idea though
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Dumb yes.

But it can work if you keep it low.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Yup. Speakers are nearly always rated in RMS, and you can run them to double their rated RMS wattage safely.

Remember tube amps are generally in RMS too, and they break up quickly, thus going past RMS.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
it would probably be ok. but some bigger cabs would sound best anyway, so just get a 2x12 avatar or something.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
ok, thanks for the input. I'll test it with my friends mg100 (i know) and see what i can safely get it near and how it sounds, all though i really think that i couldnt tell the sound difference though if it was sh!t or not cause the head, haha.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
I was talking to a guy at a music store about the EVH 5150III. Its got 4 6l6gc's so thats 120watts, he said the cab was rated at 80watts. Just looking at it on mf and its rated for 100watts rms. So I think you could get away with it. You may even get a nice tone from it too... but to be safe you maybe better off getting a 212 or something you know will handle the load.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust