I can't do it to save my life and was wondering if anyone here could help me out. The closest thing I can do is a Bravo ****ing Bravo type of shout, but I can't get it high for ****. I'm looking for advice on doing screaming similar to Saetia, Touche Amore, and/or Circle Takes the Square.

Or if you have a better idea for a place to ask, tell me to go there. I haven't really noticed any screamo fans anywhere else on the site.
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
Quote by Cole419
Yeah, Screamo's... uhmmm... well... It sucks... there I said it...

you don't know what screamo is stfu.

And just scream...? the way they scream, and the way they have those "Weak" voices, makes me think there's not much of a technique, more of a "just do it" thing going on. But I don't know what I'm talking about.
Last edited by technicolour at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by technicolour
you don't know what screamo is stfu.

And just scream...? the way they scream, and the way they have those "Weak" voices, makes me think there's not much of a technique, more of a "just do it" thing going on. But I don't know what I'm talking about.

I must just be vocally retarded and making it much more complicated than it really is.... Everyone else I have asked just tells me to imitate their voice butidunno
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
I'd personally try to imitate the band's voice. Use whatever voice you got and try to scream close to it is what I'd say. I've heard that drinking milk before screaming helps because it usually helps coat your throat with phlegm or something. That technique helped me with my screams.
I agree with what Technicolour said. It seems like it's more about passion and just screaming your ass off than technique. I'm sure it's not as easy as I'm making it sound (I can't say I've ever tried it so idk) but if you can't get it to sound like you want, dont worry about it. Perfect your own, original sound.
Thanks for the advice. Guess I'm off to destroy my vocal chords on my quest for my screaming style elohel
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
I can't remember where the quote was from and I'm likely paraphrasing, but many screamo bands had a whole "The more it hurts, the more emotional the music ought to be" attitude going for them. As far as hitting certain highs, lows, etc. goes, you'll probably just have to practice and increase your vocal range the hard way.
Listen to Jeromes Dream's live stuff and iwrotehaikus stuff, there is no technique, they just scream, there is no learning needed. One's voice is their voice, that's that. Other than that it's just the words that matter.
whatever you do, make sure your vocal chords don't hurt when you scream.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
whatever you do, make sure your vocal chords don't hurt when you scream.

that's only if you want to have a voice by age 30
focus try to find the friction that makes the scream in your voice dont try to force otherwise youll blow your vocal chords
I've read somewhere that the dude from CTTS uses a really advanced technique, idk if that's true though.
Quote by aggiefan33
I've read somewhere that the dude from CTTS uses a really advanced technique, idk if that's true though.

so does your mother

ohohohoho

sorry
I could do higher 'screaming', but I think I ****ed my voice up cuz now I only can do like more crust/hardcore type of vocals