Well my current setup is:

Squier Affinity Strat

into a

Peavey Vypyr 30

My question is, am I better off saving up for a higher end Schecter or getting a low-watt tube amp?

The only tube amps that really come to mind are the:

Blackheart Little Giant

and the

Blackstar HT-5

both 5W tube amps. I don't really want to go any higher as far as wattage because I only would use the amp for bedroom practice/home recording.

If an amp is the way to go which one really fits my style more? I like the sound of both, but its a matter of which one can sound more like the other with the help of a pedal. I enjoy classic rock/metal but I also enjoy some occasional high gain stuff as well.

Please help me choose.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
your sig shows me you find your guitar mediocre but like your vypyr.

id say new guitar.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
your sig shows me you find your guitar mediocre but like your vypyr.

id say new guitar.

I like my vypyr because it was an upgrade from my starter pack amp
Quote by britishsligean
new guitar it's obvious

Even if the guitar was 4x more expensive than the amp?
id go for the new guitar as your amp will last you for a while with what your using it for
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Quote by SinSyringe
at least you'll enjoy playing it and won't feel a need to upgrade your guitar, so maybe save up for an amp afterwards

Thats just my concern though, because when I do finally decide to go for an upgrade and want to get a tube amp, I can't get a high wattage tube amp that I can crank without complaints, thats why I don't know what amp would be an upgrade.
Go for the guitar upgrade. That peavey should do the types of things you want it to, a new axe would make playing more enjoyable.

Even though I find my Affinity to be a godsend and love it more than my friends MIM Strat.