Howdy!

Today I got a new (used) guitar off of craigslist for $150! Woot!

First of all, this beast is amazingly set-up! The action is nice and low, it's sounds great and it seems to have some pearloid (MOP?) dots on the fretboard. The neck is nice, thin, and smooth.

It is American made and the pick-ups are decent. I'm not sure exactly how the switches work?

Known history of this individual guitar: It was made sometime mid-1980s; the previous owner bought it in 2001-2002. Some kid had a sticker on it, made evident by the lack of discoloration in one rectangle on the finish. He recently got a Les Paul and this guitar hasn't been played in two years.

I've gotta say, she is gorgeous! Either this thing is amazing or my strat is horribly set up because when I play this beast, my fingers fly!

Enough talk, pics!

If you know any information on this guitar, I'd love to hear it.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Last edited by EtherealAmateur at Sep 7, 2009,
Those mid-80's to early-90's Peaveys are sweet guitars for the price. Never seen one like that...looks pretty damn cool.
lol @ the sticker.

But anyway, yeah nice guitar, I especially like the shape of the headstock. But don't know a thing about the guitar itself sorry.
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
I dont know anything about Peavey's...but thats quite a nice looking guitar for $150.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Guitar itself i dont know too uch about the Dating, History etc. but what i do know is that i played one of those in a Pawn shop and it really blew me away, sadly i was abit too young those days to have the cash for it but i no it was going for a damn site more what you paid for yours.

hows it sound??

HNGD
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
very nice! peavey guitars have a bit of a bad rep, and i don't think they deserve it at all. awesome look guitar! hngd
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by nav00
Guitar itself i dont know too uch about the Dating, History etc. but what i do know is that i played one of those in a Pawn shop and it really blew me away, sadly i was abit too young those days to have the cash for it but i no it was going for a damn site more what you paid for yours.

hows it sound??

HNGD

Thank you! Umm... It plays better than it sounds unfortunately, and I'm not quite sure why. It played fine when I tried it out, but... I guess something changed in transport.

I'll explain. The higher strings sound pretty good, better than decent; however the low E and A strings sound mediocre. Even when open. I haven't the faintest idea and I've only had it a couple of hours. Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be any fret buzz because I can see it is clear the whole way down.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Quote by EtherealAmateur
Thank you! Umm... It plays better than it sounds unfortunately, and I'm not quite sure why. It played fine when I tried it out, but... I guess something changed in transport.

I'll explain. The higher strings sound pretty good, better than decent; however the low E and A strings sound mediocre. Even when open. I haven't the faintest idea and I've only had it a couple of hours. Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be any fret buzz because I can see it is clear the whole way down.

sounds like it needs a proper set up, take it to a tech. sounds liek it needs a good clean, service among other things. Probably your likely problem. Just get it to a tech who you trust wont screw you and ask him to give it a once over, shouldnt cost you more than $10-15
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
80s and some 90s Peaveys rival Kramers. The Peavey Nitro is a ****ing awesome guitar.