I don't know where to go from here. I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years and i would like to play in a band (again). I played in one for two months, but everyone had to leave a month ago (at a summer camp, everone was from england except me and the bassist, who lives in NY). I know i can improve my playing and im always going to be working on that. I am not a very good singer, so busking is difficult.

I want to know if i should wait and look for a band, which is difficult in my area (Raleigh, NC), or should i work on my singing (lessons?) and try to do some solo stuff?

And yes, i realize i'm going to the pit for this
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
There aren't any bands in Raleigh? Isn't it a college town?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Decide a genre you want to focus on, learn the "big" songs of that genre, then advertise on the Bands section, someone will reply.
Quote by SteveHouse
There aren't any bands in Raleigh? Isn't it a college town?

yea, but im not close enough to the colleges to make it a regular thing. Im willing to travel, but other people aren't
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
If you have a screwdriver or something long and skinny that can be used in the same way and something to use as a hammer then you can take the hinges off one of the doors.
Id go singing, then look for bands that need singers...

there are tons of em here in MD
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
I came into this thread thinking it's about you being morbidly obese, now I am heartily disappointed. Thaks TS.

Also, bullshit there's no bands in Raleigh. Thst's all I have to say.
both, why limit yourself?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Do singing, that way you will be able to play your main instrument and sing at the same time, that opens alot of doors, busking, playing in bands (more possibility of power trios), solo stuff.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by cornmancer
This thread was much funnier when I thought it was about 2 actual doors. Though it gained funniness when I imagined 2 washing machines blocking the doors.

I was seriously hoping for a repeat of that thread

Anywhom, TS, unless there's something you haven't told us I don't see any reason why you can't work on your singing while looking for a band
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by due 07
I came into this thread thinking it's about you being morbidly obese, now I am heartily disappointed. Thaks TS.

Also, bullshit there's no bands in Raleigh. Thst's all I have to say.

Theres no denial that there are alot of bands in raleigh, huge amount pass through, but they're all ready set and most are based further away from me near NC State campus, a 45+ minute drive.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by KeepOnRotting
If you have a screwdriver or something long and skinny that can be used in the same way and something to use as a hammer then you can take the hinges off one of the doors.

terrible idea for a serious thread name.
Quote by cornmancer
This thread was much funnier when I thought it was about 2 actual doors. Though it gained funniness when I imagined 2 washing machines blocking the doors.

this made my day. thank you
I know your area and within a 20 minute distance there is bound to be plenty of bands..
Get off your ass and find one.
Quote by cornmancer

I thought it'd be a thread similair to the dancing washing machine as well .
Title of the thread made me think of this guy

To TS: Why not do both? Work on your singing while looking for a band.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
no way. I live in the Raleigh area too and i know there are always a lot of shows goin on, so there are definitely bands in the area. That being said, im not in one either
Member of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.

Member of the "Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World" Club. PM Your41Plague12 or Fett13 to join.