So I was thinking about my future and some professions I'd like to go into. I mean, I would love for my band to take off and be sustain me, but in case that doesnt happen, I was thinking about band management, since I'm basically my own band's manager.

So my question to you guys: What does it take to be a band manager? What degrees should you have, what should you study?

Also: How easy is it to get into the field? Once you get a job, what are all the thing that managers have to do?

Basically anything giving me a clear idea of my future as a band manager.

*Note* I am still in highschool, I'm just curious about this job, and it doesn't hurt to think ahead of the things you might want to do as a career.

Thanks
You should know how to manage stuff.... like a secretary... but you're with a band... and stuff.
You must be extremely skilled at sucking dick and kissing ass. Both literally and figuratively.
Quote by sketchy z

study this man

You should write a story based on your bands life and have it end with a musical
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by LuckyBoys91
You must be extremely skilled at sucking dick and kissing ass. Both literally and figuratively.

I'm your man
^any band can work out, lots of proofs out there, you can manage any band, and any band can rise, all it needs is the contacts to do so and the willpower to withstand everything. as a manager, you'd have to plan shows, to find bands to tour with, to find people to do the graphics, tee shirts, you'll have all the promo to do, you'll organise tours, find record labels that aren't trying to steal everything from the band, be on the phone all the time