Hey, I'm looking at getting one of three guitars...

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad2300jr.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/ad201vwht.html
and http://www.rondomusic.com/product2711.html

However, the first two, which I like the look of more, have p-90's, and I would need humbuckers.

Would I be able to directly replace the p-90's with humbuckers, or would I need to do some extra routing. In which case I'll probably get the 2000 and some different pickups.

On a side note, has anyone played one of these guitars? Or wants to recommend me a better new/used guitar in this price range? And a gig-worthy amp for about 400-500 would be nice if anyone knows it.

I play metal, budget is absolutely not over 600.

Thanks!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

You'd have to do some routing.

Unless you want to get stacked P90s, but they don't sound exactly the same.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Why are you looking at P90 based guitars for metal? Get a metal influenced guitar that's fit for purpose.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Why are you looking at P90 based guitars for metal? Get a metal influenced guitar that's fit for purpose.

believe it or not you can use P-90s for Metal, i have acouple of times and aslong as your setting on amps and effects pedals are shaped to it, its no different from using a Single coil
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Go Esp or Jackson for metal
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by Chrisiphone

Why not?

I like the look of double cut lp's, must it be a br00tal looking guitar?

EDIT: That amp you listed it perfect, I'm looking at getting one now :P
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Last edited by TheBigProjekt at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by nav00
believe it or not you can use P-90s for Metal, i have acouple of times and aslong as your setting on amps and effects pedals are shaped to it, its no different from using a Single coil

I know, I have a telecaster with a P90. It can get metal tones, but I wouldn't buy one just for metal. I'd buy an LTD deluxe for the money, it'll be a lot easier and more comfortable to play faster and higher and sound just a little better due to having humbuckers.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
I know, I have a telecaster with a P90. It can get metal tones, but I wouldn't buy one just for metal. I'd buy an LTD deluxe for the money, it'll be a lot easier and more comfortable to play faster and higher and sound just a little better due to having humbuckers.

ahhh i see where your coming from, good choice of guitars mentioned too
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
If you want a guitar w humbuckers then get the one routed for them. You wont get very much selection in stacked or humbucker style in p90s size vs regular humbuckers.

As a note you can use p90s for some metal, nothing really brutal. Iommi has used em in the past for early sabbath.