I've realized I dont really want another guitar, but to just spoil the ones I already have. I've got $500 and here's what I'm thinking about getting.

For my Douglas SI-13
Pickguard with EMG 81/81 set
Case (I realize this is a cheap case, I just need something to store it in and take it to and from band practice/any gigs.
Drop D Tuner (This requires blocking the trem so it can't be pulled up, I'm not sure how to do that so thats my question. How?)

For my Agile AL 2000
Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Set
Case

So what are your guys' thoughts on these purchases? These guitars dont have much resell value and I enjoy the feel of them, so why not upgrade them? I thought about getting another guitar or amp but I dont want to have several guitars just lying around.

Also, how do I block that trem?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Last edited by RabbidWolf at Sep 7, 2009,
New amp will suit you a lot better.

From what I'm guessing you play metal, and if you get $100 more, you can get the new 6505+ combo
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
^ I thought about that but I'm already playing a Marshall JCM 900. That Ibanez in my sig is just my at home practice amp.

Do you think the 6505+ is that much better than the Marshall?
You sure you don't wanna another guitar? I can't imagine that Douglas being as good as a Schecter or ESP...

... or maybe I'm just ignorant..
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
you can buy a trem block that goes into the space inbetween your floyd and guitar on the inside cavity
Quote by RabbidWolf
^ I thought about that but I'm already playing a Marshall JCM 900. That Ibanez in my sig is just my at home practice amp.

Do you think the 6505+ is that much better than the Marshall?

Oh no. If you have a JCM900, then by all means stick with that, it's a fantastic amp.

For blocking the trem, buy a Tremol-no, or measure the trem route, and then cut a block of wood to those dimensions and put it in there
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Hmmm, the pickguard has 81/81, not 81/85, like your post says, but i think this is a good idea. If you feel comfortable with certain guitar, I see no reason for not upgrading it.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 7, 2009,
^Oh thanks for pointing that out to me! I think I'll still go with it though.