Okay, my band's first gig is coming up.
And i'm wondering if there are "standards" about the position of people on stage.

We have a singer (girl), two guitar players (a guy [="me"] and a girl), a bass player and a drummer (both guys).

From the audience's point of view, what should be the order?
(the standard positions, because we'll move around a bit on stage)

I know that the drummer usually is on the center back and the singer is in front of the drums... But what about the others?
Something like this (Pearl Jam style)?:
Guitar [me] - Bass - Singer/Drummer (front/back) - Guitar [girl]

Oh, by the way, we are a gothic rock/metal band.
Thank you for your help!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
stand beside the chicks man!!!!!!
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
woah woah woah my friend to many chicks in the band.....and guitars go opposte side bass on the right on the drums and drumms behind singer
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Your band members can position themselves anywhere on stage man!

Black Sabbath used to have Tony Iommi in the middle and Ozzy to the side, and there is not set position to put your band members except of course putting your drummer at the back for the sake of his kit.

Do whatever your band feels comfortable with, I like playing next to the Keyboardist and the Lead singer/Rhythm guitarist in my band.
I like against me!'s setup which is

Lead Singer/Rhythm Lead Guitar Bass
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by Headcrusher!

Black Sabbath used to have Tony Iommi in the middle and Ozzy to the side, and there is not set position to put your band members except of course putting your drummer at the back for the sake of his kit.

Do whatever your band feels comfortable with, I like playing next to the Keyboardist and the Lead singer/Rhythm guitarist in my band.

Pretty much this right here; It's all about what feels comfortable to you/your band....of course, it also must work with the soundguy/venue (which I don't see there being many issues here). Do what feels good basically.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by Headcrusher!

Exactly.

Your setup looks fine. Don't worry about it.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Generally I find when I'm playing bass in smaller gigs that I like to be on the drummer's left (the snare side) so i can hear the high hat and the snare better and therefore lock in better. The only downside of this is the fact that the vibrations from the bass amp will make the snare vibrate when it's not being played, but it's easily sortable just by the drummer turning the snare off when it's not being played..
If you are really thinking about moving around the stage (which I doubt because it's your first gig, as soon as you get on stage you'll know what I mean) the order doesn't really matter as long as the singer is either on the center or in far right (or left) and the drummer in the center, but behind everyone else.

If you're not going to move around the stage, and since you're a 5 piece band, the singer should be in the far right (or left), with the lead and rhythm guitarist on the center (while making sure the drummer is visible) and the bassist on the other end.

It's the setup I recommend, personally I would hate to go to a show with the singer in the center (i'm the vocalist of my band myself) making the others look like background objects.
My last band would set up like Despisedicon's layout but we had a fiddler or keyboard player (at different times) instead of the 2nd guitarist.
The important thing is that for singer, guitar and bass these positions are not static. Move around. Look like you enjoy working together (even if you don't) and the crowd will get a fun vibe going along with you.
My mates band would end up with singer on the bassists shoulders and guitarist on the guitar-synth guys shoulders, then do a sort of arial mosh sequence while still playing.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Don't worry about it till you get there, then work with the available space. Theres one pub in town where the stage is too shallow to put the drums in the back, and its in an unusual place in the pub, so we go like this:

Singer/Guitarist - Bassist - Guitarist - Drummer

Nobody minds:P