Guitar Center buys used gear, correct? If so, do they screw you over on the prices like Gamestop does?

I'm looking to sell my Jackson and an amp, but no one wants to buy them in the Gear Ads Thread
Yes, they buy used gear. I don't know how much they'll pay you but I'd hazard a guess that they'll give you roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the MSRP for it, if it's in good condition.
Well, everything is in good condition, plus I have the Jackson Hardshell case for it, so hopefully I can get at least half.
I don't know. Make a thread about it here instead of doing something stupid like calling Guitar Center.
You're*
I don't know about Guitar Center, but MusiciansFriend offered me $100 for my LTD KH-202 which cost me $489 new (back before they dropped the price and quality). It was like 2 years old at the time and in excellent condition. Needless to say, I didn't sell it to them.
Quote by LuckyBoys91
Sell it on craigslist?

I tried, and no one messaged me. It's been up there for about 3 weeks
I was in guitar center when a kid was trading some gear in. Im not sure how they do on the the guitars.. but atleast at our store, they give you $1 extra for any case you have.. so uhh.. id probably hang on to that.
Guitar Center gives you 60% of what you can sell it yourself for.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by TheHardcoreKid
Someone told me that they usually give you about half of what they can sell it for used.

+1

If the amp you paid $1000 for is selling on eBay for $500, you're going to get around $250.
SIMILAR QUESTION

I have a telecaster pickup that has sat in my room for about 3 to 4 years and its from Guitar Center. It is in perfect condition barely opened and even has the sale tag still on it.

Its $79.99 I'm curious how much they'd give me since it is in perfect condition
Id say just go down there with it and check, its not like thy will force you to sell it to them once your in store
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope