For the past month of two, I've been focusing on writing poems (mainly free verse). I haven't written a song since mid-July. the past couple of days I've been trying to write a song, and I can't seem to get it together. The rhymes make it seem childish, I can't get the flow right, and I feel like the song structure is keeping me off the meaning.
Does anyone have any tips on how to switch between these two writing styles and keep the meanings?
Well, writing lyrics and writing poetry is two completely different things. If you ask me, I think writing poetry is actually easier(Which is why I do it more:p.

So approach it like you are just starting out writing. Write something and post it like you would a normal piece. Take the advice you get and build on your skill.

Back to the basics, for you.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
If I was you, I just wait for my mood to come… Right place, right situation and at the right time… IMO, Writing poem or lyric cannot be done just wherever and whenever you want for it to be finished… I can't tell you when is the right time, where is the place, or in what kind of situation it's like…

When I feel the mood come, I start writing… All of the words and idea, it's just come to my head and it easier for me to make one or more verse in a few minutes … But sometimes when I just want to make a lyric and forcing for it to be done in no time, guess what, every single line that I've made just piece of stupid words that didn't go along with the sound of the song…

Trust me dude, just wait for the mood