I'm gonna start doing some live stuff soon, so I need something longer than my 5 foot (or so) cord. What's a good long cable that won't break the bank? Oh, and it should be one that's straight on one end and an L on the other end.
monster cables are nice
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Go to lavacable.com and order some Mogamis. They hand solder em there and use top notch plugs. You can get a 25 footer for less than a 10 foot machine soldered one at GC.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm going to go ahead and say that monster cables aren't that nice. Actually they're overpriced as fuck and they're kind of wide and ruin a lot of jacks over time because of this.

There are a number of other options but sadly I have little concept for what good cables don't break the bank. Just get something that looks quality; 24k connectors, feels solid...Planet Waves aren't bad or anything but I feel like they're a little big, also.

I want to just tell you to buy George Lynch, though...

Quote by mmolteratx
Go to lavacable.com and order some Mogamis. They hand solder em there and use top notch plugs. You can get a 25 footer for less than a 10 foot machine soldered one at GC.

Oh yeah I've heard ACE things about these from friends but I don't own any.
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Sep 7, 2009,
before I got my wireless I used a 30 foot Livewire cable, its exactly like you want yours and it only cost me 20 bucks. Unfortunately they only carry them (in my area anyway) at Guitar Center. I still use it now at practice and for shows at smaller venues. Its rather convienient actually.

Plus they have that whole "if it dies you get a free replacement" thing, which is also pretty sick.
Quote by HopePoisoned
I'm going to go ahead and say that monster cables aren't that nice. Actually they're overpriced as fuck and they're kind of wide and ruin a lot of jacks over time because of this.

There are a number of other options but sadly I have little concept for what good cables don't break the bank. Just get something that looks quality; 24k connectors, feels solid...Planet Waves aren't bad or anything but I feel like they're a little big, also.

I want to just tell you to buy George Lynch, though...

George Lynch? You mean George L's cables? And 24k gold connectors hardly improve the sound. A copper or silver conductor will sound much clearer. But I agree, Monster cables are crap and overpriced as ****.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

don't waist all your money on uselessly expensive cables but make sure it's not some cheapo thing that will break easily
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by mmolteratx
George Lynch? You mean George L's cables? And 24k gold connectors hardly improve the sound. A copper or silver conductor will sound much clearer. But I agree, Monster cables are crap and overpriced as ****.

+1

I bought one in the US and it lasted me about a week. Never again.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
live wire = life time guarantee/warrenty (cant remember) + basically pay by the foot (Ex. 10 ft for $10 USD 18ft fo $18 USD)
Quote by mmolteratx

ROFL george lynch

I meant to say George L

Oh and I know that 24k gold makes very little difference in tone - but it's just so much BETTER.

My gold original FR trem isn't any better sounding than a black one, but it's just so much BETTER. and so are my gold locking sperzel tuners. and my gold locking nut. and my gold knobs. and gold switches.

they're all just BETTER.
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by HopePoisoned
ROFL george lynch

I meant to say George L

Oh and I know that 24k gold makes very little difference in tone - but it's just so much BETTER.

My gold original FR trem isn't any better sounding than a black one, but it's just so much BETTER. and so are my gold locking sperzel tuners. and my gold locking nut. and my gold knobs. and gold switches.

they're all just BETTER.

Agreed, the gold is teh sex.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

A different cable may be needed for different styles of music. Quoted from Guitar World Magazine (September 2009):

Quote by Eric Kirkland
Live Wire offers cables for just about every application. The combination of moderately high-grade copper and sheilding accentuates midrange frequencies to bring more life to setups.
Quote by mmolteratx
Agreed, the gold is teh sex.

To a certain extent
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
^^I'd rather my cables have a flat frequency response so I can sculpt my tone myself. That midrange accentuation is because of the low grade copper. Monsters are the same way. They sound nasally IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT