Alright, so before I say anything, I've been playing guitar for a little over two years now, and that entire time I've played a first act guitar.

I figure it's time to get a new guitar and amp.
This is what I'm looking into getting guitar wise.
My budgets kinda low, so if this is a good setup for now, let me know.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG7321-7String-Electric-Guitar?sku=519787

What would be a good amp for that guitar.

I was lookin' into getting the Line 6 Spider III, but apparently they don't have it anymore.
well u just missed the blowout sale for labor day at Guitar Center...tht **** was like 50-80% off
Id avoid a Spider. Ive never played on one, but i dont want you to get flamed here. Do you have an actual figure for a budget?
what kind of music do you play?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Ibanez guitars beast!!!

Instead of getting a line 6 spider maybe try out the peavey vypyr? I've heard very good things about it, although it does cost a bit more than the spider.
Quote by ghostnineone
i got my guitar caught in my ceiling fan today

guitars fine though
Quote by nickdohle
Id avoid a Spider. Ive never played on one, but i dont want you to get flamed here. Do you have an actual figure for a budget?

600-700.

Quote by Century
what kind of music do you play?

Oh God, um.. everything from Linkin' Park to 5FDP.
Mostly metal and rock tho.
dont get a spider watever you do my friend has one that i play alot and it is terrible.
600-700 total or for just the guitar
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
The ibanez is good, but the spider is NOT. Try to get a peavey vypyr. Much better amp, and the 30 watt one only costs $200

(^ the end of the world)
Last edited by Chase_Jarvis23 at Sep 7, 2009,
Have you played this guitar yet? I noticed it has the JUMBO frets (6100's). You might want to try these first and then compare them with the 6105's (med Jumbo) and see which is more comfortable. The JUMBO's give the neck a scalloped feel. See which feels good to you.
Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
The ibanez is good, but the spider is NOT. Try to get a peavey vypyr. Much better amp, and the 30 watt one only costs $200

I'm thinking about a vypyr now, but it's the 75w one.

Quote by JohnnyNash
Have you played this guitar yet? I noticed it has the JUMBO frets (6100's). You might want to try these first and then compare them with the 6105's (med Jumbo) and see which is more comfortable. The JUMBO's give the neck a scalloped feel. See which feels good to you.

Not entirely sure what size frets are on a first act guitar.
But I'm sure I'll get used to them.

Edit: Remember, I'm trying to find an amp with a little kick.
Last edited by conviction927 at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by conviction927
I'm thinking about a vypyr now, but it's the 75w one.

Not entirely sure what size frets are on a first act guitar.
But I'm sure I'll get used to them.

Edit: Remember, I'm trying to find an amp with a little kick.

75 watts might be a little big, especially if you're planning to do bedroom playing for now. 30 watts should be PLENTY.
About the fret size, you'll be fine after like 5-10 minutes of playing it. Can you try it out anywhere before buying it to get used to it?

(^ the end of the world)
Quote by pixysticks
75 watts might be a little big, especially if you're planning to do bedroom playing for now. 30 watts should be PLENTY.

There's no such thing as a little big.
Bedroom playing or not, I wanna wake the neighbors.

Quote by Chase_Jarvis23
About the fret size, you'll be fine after like 5-10 minutes of playing it. Can you try it out anywhere before buying it to get used to it?

Unfortunately no.
Last edited by conviction927 at Sep 7, 2009,
yup the sale is over. some things were not on sale. anyway its over. also check ebay and guitar center used for 7 string rg's
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
well that doesnt narrow it down alot rofl.. but i PERSONALLY like the superchamp XD by fender, someone on here refered me to it and i love it now, saving my change for it. ive played out of a few peaveys and the vyper is alot of knobs and buttons that you dont really need, but it is nice to have the tonal range that you can get with it, its nice, i liked it. but what i suggest to you, and im sure everyone will agree, go to a local guitar shop, or guitar center and play every guitar in your range, and every amp that you want to buy/can afford, and make sure you play guitars out of the same amp. all i can tell you is stay away from the spiderIII(digital piece of ....) and the marshall MG series(buzzy hellish piece of ....)
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!