Hey whats up guys?

(took this from my post in the metal gear thread)

so im selling my line 6 spider 3 hd150 finally!
YES!! haha.

and ive been looking at a few amps, i play alot of everything because i like to play everything or i have to play something or what not. but the point is im looking for a peavey, the models i have found are the peavey 6505, 5150, and the xxx. i have 4 guitars all different tunings and sounds for different styles so i want to keep it versatile but right now im also playing with a band that plays in drop a (dont chide me for the low tuning its their choice). so i need to know if the xxx can handle drop a and play in standard and drop d tuning nicely as well.

the drop a tuning is that nasty stuff like bands like impending doom or what not, very simple.
then i standard and d for my own stuff like southern rock/metal, metal, thrash, yaddayadda yadda.

so i need to know should i go xxx, or the other peaveys. thanks
Quote by Ghold125
What is your budget?

well its around 800, id rather not spend 800 on the head because i have to buy a cab after that as well, but i the highest price i found was the 6505+ was 800.

usd by the way
i've herd the 6505/5150 recommended for 7 string guitars which are commonly played in drop A or lower so they can handle the lower tuning

the XXX i have played and it does standard and drop D well but i'm not sure about all the way down to A though i'm sure it could handle it

i might also suggest getting a bass cab to better handle the low end when tuned so low
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Go used, save you some money.
Check your local craigslist, and ebay if you feel lucky.
im going used haha, the thing is i need to know which would suit me better, all ive seen so far is "go used, or whats your price range" thats not any help, i mean i appreciate your comments but id rather have comments on the subject.

and justin thanks for the comment, ive heard the same i was just wondering if anyones gone low on the xxx. how low did you play it?
Quote by metallicaman051
...and justin thanks for the comment, ive heard the same i was just wondering if anyones gone low on the xxx. how low did you play it?

only drop d myself, heard it with drop c
it is a very good amp and with the right cab i'm sure it will handle the lows, like i said it would be wise to look into getting a bass cab, a lot of 7/8/baritone guitarists use bass cabs for the low end clarity
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Quote by metallicaman051
alright cool, thanks for your help, and with a bass cab would i have to wire anything differently?

uhh... no, just make sure they match impedance and cab wattage is > head wattage (2x is common)
after that it's just a speaker cable between them
Quote by justinb904
uhh... no, just make sure they match impedance and cab wattage is > head wattage (2x is common)
after that it's just a speaker cable between them

alright cool, thanks man. il probably get a bass cab and a 2x12 mesa
Bugera 6262 or a Peavey 6505
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.