So I can play guitar well and sing well too. I have already writen a few songs but I still don't know how to record my songs. I don't have any recording tools and im not a budget.
Can anyone list the tools needed to record an electric guitar onto a computer? Just everything needed to record a good/high quality sound.
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
what kind of mic?
Quote by JDbbx
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Quote by jetfuel495
UUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Takamine G Series EG363SC Fund: $400/$499
In order to make decent recordings, you probably need more than one mic. You'll probably need 2. One for miking your amp, and one for vocals. I haven't used either, but the shure sm57 and sm58 are considered industry standard for instrument and vocal recording. You'll also want an audio interface that connects to your computer through a usb port. Depending on if you plan on recording vocals and guitar at the same time you may need to xlr inputs (for the microphones). The m-audio fast track usb is a decent audio interface. You can also download audacity to get used to how recording software works, but may want to upgrade to something with more features like reaper. I hope I helped and let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to help you out.
An interface and a mic.

I've got a Rode Mic and the US-122L. Both relatively cheap but good quality.