Ok so i just bought a fender twin reverb 65 reissue. I love the clean sounds, but the only distortion pedal i have is a proco rat, which sounded ok through my other amps, but through this amp, it sounds brittle and bad. Could someone reccomend any other distortion AND overdrive pedals that sound good paired with the twin. I might get an overdrive pedal to boost my rat and make it sound more natural, but i might just get a new distortion pedal all together.

and it would be great if you knew that the pedal you reccomend sounds good with the twin reverb specifically
What kind of music do you play?

What guitar(s) do you use?

What kind of OD or distortion are you looking for?
Quote by djjazzyjames7
Ok so i just bought a fender twin reverb 65 reissue. I love the clean sounds, but the only distortion pedal i have is a proco rat, which sounded ok through my other amps, but through this amp, it sounds brittle and bad. Could someone reccomend any other distortion AND overdrive pedals that sound good paired with the twin. I might get an overdrive pedal to boost my rat and make it sound more natural, but i might just get a new distortion pedal all together.

and it would be great if you knew that the pedal you reccomend sounds good with the twin reverb specifically

tube overdrives, like the BK Butler Tube Driver or the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic, usually work well with blackface fenders.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
how about distortions? I dont think ANY distortions sound really good with an amp as clean as a twin. Does someone care to show me this isn't true?
Quote by djjazzyjames7
how about distortions? I dont think ANY distortions sound really good with an amp as clean as a twin. Does someone care to show me this isn't true?

I would check out some of the ProGuitarShop reviews on youtube. Most of their distortion/OD demos are with that amp. You'll surely find something you like.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
look into a zvex box of rock or metal

and for an od a tubescreamer is always a classic

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I have a Twin Reverb for soon a year and I use it with my Fuzz Face, my Big Muff clone and my Fulldrive 2 and it sounds good. But only after I discovered something. Turn the bright switch off when using distortion and it sound A LOT better and by a lot I mean going from an unusable low volume tone to an okay-good low volume tone.

My recommendations would be (not necessarily good recommendations as I haven't tried a lot of stuff): BYOC Large Beaver and Fulldrive 2. I haven't tried more but it works great on my amp.
Last edited by antoine2055 at Sep 8, 2009,
this

but if u cant afford a tubescreamer, get a bad monkey
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The OCD is going to get more gain than the fulldrive 2. But the fulldrive 2 is more versatile overall. My fender tube amps love the fulldrive 2.

I thought the proguitarshop reviews were mostly on a Soho or Drri?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
PGS started using the deluxe reverb at some point so the old ones are with the 65 Soho or something like that.
when i use distortion w/ the reverb from the amp and sounds like crap. Is there a way i can use distortion without distorting the reverb. I know the amp doesn't have an effects loop.
I strongly advise you to take this into consideration.

You love your clean sound, no? If you do - I would recommend a Barber LTD.

The series (Barber LTD, LTD silver (discontinued), LTD SR (really, REALLY flat, the regular LTD has a slight mid-hump, but nothing like a TS), Half-Gainer (mid knob is really handy), and the B-Custom Cool) are probably the best low-gain pedals on the market, are all reasonably priced (LTD standard is $120), hand made in the USA, with internal trim pots, and are REALLY transparent.

Personally, I'm about to buy a Barber Small Fry (cheaper version of the Burn Unit EQ), which has great low-gain sounds as well, but gets more gain (voiced to be more like a "California" style amp).

These pedals are all great - they sound like "amp" overdrive, not like pedals. Also Barber Direct Drive is a cool distortion.

The Z-Vex pedals are a little pricey and a little finicky (Box of Rock - haven't played Box of Metal). I like Visual Sound pedals as well - very reasonable prices, great construction, great sound.

If you're interested, XTS pedals are out of sight.
-Mike
Quote by djjazzyjames7
when i use distortion w/ the reverb from the amp and sounds like crap. Is there a way i can use distortion without distorting the reverb. I know the amp doesn't have an effects loop.

I don'T see what's wrong... The object of reverb I think is to simulate your playing in a big place of something like that. I f you were playing with distortion in a big place the reverb would be distorted.

You could also plug into the channel 1 which doesn't have reverb.
Quote by djjazzyjames7

try guitar > distortion >1 Normal then a patch cable from 2 Normal to 1 Vibrato
Quote by antoine2055
I don'T see what's wrong... The object of reverb I think is to simulate your playing in a big place of something like that. I f you were playing with distortion in a big place the reverb would be distorted.

You could also plug into the channel 1 which doesn't have reverb.

no, the distortion would be reverberated.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
ok, thanks for all the suggestions. So, overdrive aside, what distortion pedals sound good with a twin? ALl the one's ive tried sound horrible.
Like I said everything sounds horrible with that bright switch on (except cleans). The BYOC is a very good vintage Big Muff clone. This and the my fuzz (dunlop JH-F1) sound really good with my twin.