Hey yall. Im looking around for new amps and have decided that its time to step up to tubes. I will be splitting the cost of the amps with my parents were i pay 300 or so and they will match me up to 300. The only disadvantage is that they said they wont let me buy i used one...which pisses me off.Now im looked around alot and have narrowed it down to 2 different amps.

The Fender Super Champ XD

or

Peavey classic 30

I chose these 2 because they both are full tube and have good reviews. Now if i get the champ i wil have around 300 or so to replace the speaker and maybe get a few pedals to add on to it. My only worry with the champ is its still a modeling and im not sure how the other models are. I am a tone freak so please reccomend the one that will give me the best tone. versatility is good but not the most important thing.

I like playing some more bluesy cleans and beatle-esque stuff but mostly play things like led zep, acdc, thin lizzy and those sort of bands....Thanks
Gear.
Fender standard stratocaster MIM stock(looking for new pickups please suggest!)
Roland cube 60 (the only solid state amp i love)
Peavey, IMO all of your tone preferences would suit it.

It's also loud enough to gig with and i don't think that the super champ is all tube anyway (i could be wrong though).
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Peavey, IMO all of your tone preferences would suit it.

It's also loud enough to gig with and i don't think that the super champ is all tube anyway (i could be wrong though).

I'm pretty sure that the Super Champ has a tube pre-amp which doesn't really make the tone better, it's basically just a marketing ploy. Also that amp is freaking tiny, i'd go with something with a higher wattage, personally.
With 600 bucks you can do much better. DO you have a cab or are you looking at a combo?

Look into BlackHeart amps. I think they will suit you well. OR the Vox Night Train
i dont have a cab and for moving issues i would prefer a combo
Gear.
Fender standard stratocaster MIM stock(looking for new pickups please suggest!)
Roland cube 60 (the only solid state amp i love)